Chapter 7 The Meeting

Watching the fight was really fascinating. Both sides fought a fierce battle without ever wanting to give up any signs. From the side of the dragon came big ice blasts, strong blows with his claws and the tip of his tail, which kept rushing through the air, only to fall down on one of the four attackers with a loud whip, causing great damage. But from the other side came incessantly strong attacks. Arrows, daggers, swords and spells rained down on the great beast, preventing it from winning the fight. I noticed with astonishment how much the inquisitor resembled Sirina. She was younger, it was clear, but much of her reminded me of my mother. Her red hair, her green eyes, which had already seen everything, both terrible suffering and joy, her elegant and at the same time dainty figure, which had no idea how fast and agile she was, her incredibly dainty hands, of which you would never have believed that she could give you the hook to the chin of life, and this look, which probably fascinated me most

I hadn't noticed it right away at the time, only after looking at Sirina for a while and taking the time to look at her completely did I realise it. When I was very young I had always thought that her eyes radiated nothing but joy, because they always had a sparkle for me. Only when I got older did I really understand the emotions that were in them. There was much warmth in them. The same love that Sirina radiated when she was near me was in the eyes of the inquisitor when she looked at her comrades-in-arms, worried and afraid that something would happen that she could not prevent. I saw curiosity and a certain kind of joy because she was fighting a powerful creature and her comrades were at her side, proud and yet also very much suffering. For a moment I had to remember that these eyes had already seen a lot, which was quite a sad fact, when you realized that she hadn't taken the position of Inquisitor for too long. Yes, I was sure that look was the same one I had seen for years with Sirina.

I awoke from my thoughts as a loud roar of the dragon roared across the battlefield, which probably meant that he had clearly had enough of the current situation. The Inquisitor seemed to have moved more into his field of vision now, since her magic probably bothered him the most. Although the melee fighters of the group also caused a lot of damage, a dragon could sense who was probably the greatest danger on the field, and so he, like me, considered the most dangerous feeling that came from their hand and their magic to be both disturbing and overwhelming. His full attention seemed to focus on her in a few moments and the anger in his eyes could not augur well. The Inquisitor was also quickly aware of the change and prepared to confront the beast. The dragon let out a loud and deafening scream, which even I flinched for a moment, since my sensitive hearing had far more problems with it than others'. But also the group was put out of action for a few seconds at least, because their faces were distorted with pain and their hands were put to their ears, hoping to be able to fade out the terrible sound with it, which was very dangerous, because no dragon would miss this opportunity.

He used the favour of the hour and the brief confusion of his opponents to target and attack their leader by opening his mouth wide and trying to grasp her with his sharp teeth. But I wasn't going to let that happen. When I had seen the preparation for his attack, I had already been aware that I would not just let it happen. I shot out from behind the tree in no time at all, without anyone noticing me from those before me. As I approached quickly, the blue cracks I was familiar with appeared again on my skin and in the few seconds between the preparation of the attack and its execution, I transformed. The air was charged when suddenly another strong aura appeared on the battlefield and everyone present could feel it. I had pushed him to the side with my full weight and height, causing him to crash into the trees next to him with a surprised and painful scream, tearing them to the ground. A big cloud of dust opened up when the dragon hit the ground and did not move for a while, but I knew that this would not last for long.

I had placed myself protectively in front of the group, which now seemed very small to me, to act as a kind of shield in front of them. I could hear fast and very unsettled breaths behind me, as the companions seemed not to be sure whether they should be happy now, because the attack was repulsed, or whether they were now even more in trouble, because now, as if out of nowhere, there were suddenly two dragons.