Chapter 15. Farewell?

I let the Inquisitor collect himself briefly and talk to his people before I thought about the next steps. I noticed how out of the corner of my eye a certain Qunari came over to me and didn't let me out of his sight. I prepared myself inwardly for the pleasant shiver that went through my body every time the Qunari approached me.

"You threw the head of another demon at this demon and thus upset him". His words had a certain tone of respect and I turned to him with a smooth movement to look him straight in the eyes, which fortunately did not upset me.

"I did. It came to my mind spontaneously and fortunately, I was also able to reach the goal I wanted to have". The decision to throw the demon head had truly been a more than spontaneous gut feeling, which in retrospect turned out to be a good idea and not a second too late. Had I waited, the dwarf and his beloved crossbow would probably have been only a part of a story that would have been told around the campfire.

"That was hot." I almost laughed at that statement, because I definitely didn't expect such a choice of words. I raised an eyebrow in the air and looked at him with a fascinated and at the same time confused look.

"I bombarded a demon with the head of another demon and you found it hot? ". I asked the question with a certain undertone, which revealed that I was still confused.

"Yes. I watched you in battle. You cut a damn fine figure with all your moves. Quick, effective, elegant, yet deadly. That's hot". I had to admit that I was quite flattered by his compliments. They weren't the kind of compliments that could melt someone's heart but I didn't want that kind of compliment. I liked that he brought out the more destructive sides of me. Who wouldn't like to hear that you were good at killing people.

"That you managed to watch me is truly remarkable. I admit that I couldn't help but to look at you. Now this statement was a little understated, because you couldn't look away when this strong Qunari had swung his broad axe. Now it was up to the Qunari to raise an eyebrow. He leaned back a bit and crossed his muscular arms in front of his hard chest.

"And what is your opinion? ". I had already made my answer to that question before he asked it. On second thought, there was only one answer to that question anyway. I came a little closer to him and the corners of my mouth moved up a little bit, hardly noticeable. I moved my face a little closer and moved my lips to his ear before I spoke in a rough voice.

"Hot". I didn't have to look at him to know that he liked what I was saying. The air between us was charged and you could almost hear the crackle that surrounded us. But before we could look each other in the eyes again, I heard a clearing behind me. I turned around and expected to look into the face of the person who had cleared his throat. But it was not like that. Almost at the same moment as I looked around, I remembered that there was a dwarf in the group. I moved my eyes further down and looked into the grinning face of the archer.

"Believe it or not, I'm not getting any bigger and the possibility of you shrinking is, I suppose, just as small. I didn't want to disturb your "little" moment but you still deserve my thanks. If you hadn't kept this demon away from me, it would have been much worse for me now. There was something amusing about his tone, but I could sense that his words were sincere and he was really grateful to me for saving his life. I nodded and left him a slight smile to come.

"If I had allowed the attack to happen, I would have felt like I owed your crossbow an explanation, and that would have been rather unpleasant. You and your crossbow seem to be a well-coordinated team, at least you lead it with extreme precision. It would have been a real shame if this team had ended today. The dwarf stroked his weapon in an almost tender gesture and then grinned even wider.

"Yes, she can really be a beast when it comes to me. She looks after me all the time". He nodded at me once more before he turned to the Inquisitor, who in the meantime had come closer to me again.