Chapter 19. The Maurel Mansion

But before we could open the door, we already heard voices coming from the other side of the door, telling us that there were definitely some people behind it. I briefly closed my eyes and only a few moments later I could tell that there were two people in the room. Since they were talking to each other about some trivial issues, we could assume that they were not expecting us. Freya opened the door as quietly as possible and two armed men came into our view. One of them was facing us, but he had turned his back on us, which we could definitely use for a surprise.

The other one was standing a bit to his left and had also turned his back on us. Further left past the two of them we could see another door that would probably be opened next. All in all they seemed not to have noticed us yet and we wanted to use that. Almost at the same time Cassandra and the bull moved behind the two men and I noticed how quiet they were. It took only a short moment and the two free fighters were lying motionless on the ground with broken necks, as if they had only been toothpicks. With these two warriors, one should really be careful when rolling. Freya instructed us with a short movement to go on, so we went to the door which was already opened a bit. But this time I couldn't see anyone behind it. I would also have been surprised if someone had heard it. The room behind it was relatively open and to our left you could see the garden of the estate. To our right was a small fountain in the shape of a lion, but only a few drops came out of it.

Freya, who was about to move forward, was stopped by me and without further ado pulled back again. Just as she was about to complain, I pointed to the garden with a slight nod of my head. Another well-armed freeman, who seemed to be patrolling, moved past the room we were in.

"We should remain unseen as long as we are able, nor do they have any idea where exactly we are the only clue to our presence the only clue to our presence are some bodies around the property and of course those lying behind us" The inquisitor understood quickly and nodded. It was not long before the freeman had disappeared from our viewpoint, and we used this to move on. I got a brief overview of the situation in the garden of the estate. Again only two people patrolling. We were able to take two out without causing a great stir, at least not immediately. I looked at Varric who quickly understood my silent message and disappeared with a nod. Only a short time later a kind of fog appeared that covered the garden. The two of them couldn't even wonder what was happening, they were already lying on the ground with not a small amount of blood flowing from their throats. A real clean cut of the carotid artery.

At that moment I felt two very quickly approaching presences, storming directly in the direction of the Inquisitor, but nothing was visible before our eyes. I quickly noticed that our new players must be two rogues, who apparently mastered the art of camouflage perfectly. Both Cassandra and Varric seemed to have noticed them too, as they both became a little uneasy, probably because they couldn't see our attackers either. The bull was calm in person, he had his eyes closed and did not move a millimeter. I didn't know if I was right but I was sure that his chest didn't move either to catch his breath. He held his breath, probably to make sure that even this slight noise could not disturb his concentration.

I could not concentrate on him any further. As he stood there with bare chest and those incredible abs and his very strong arms. In that moment I noticed what I was thinking about and that even in a moment that was anything but suitable. There was really no time for my same weakness for Qunari. Something had to be done, and it had to be done best from our side and not from that of our opponents. Before I could even think about it properly, my body had already moved next to them to stop an attack. I used the time that our attackers had spent estimating when it would be best to start the attack to slowly bring my hand in front of my body. The warmth that spread through my body told me that my inner fire knew exactly what to do.