Chapter 38. Of Qunari and certain looks

(Last chapter about the Qunari my sweethearts xD I won't write everything out because I think it would be a bit too much. So it's only half a chapter of Qunari )

Of course the Ben Hassrath were led and directed by a priest of Ariqun but there were some other ranks for more specific roles that were very important. But then there were the Hissrath which meant "those who created illusions" or simply said "liars" but I didn't think that this was such a nice title especially when said in a very specific way. They were considered to be among the best spies there were, and they were perfectly trained in many things. The Tallis, or "Those Who Solved Problems" were the Assassins of the Qun their way of killing was fast, quiet and dangerously unpredictable they were not the ones to get their hands unnecessarily dirty and preferred to do their jobs quickly and with extreme precession. Then, of course, there was the Vidasala and two other ranks of which even I knew very little. The Qunari protected their inner circle and also those who worked in it undercover. If the Qunari didn't want you to find out anything specific about them, you usually didn't find it and that was both disappointing and temptingly challenging because I had a real weakness for wanting to know as much as possible and now that I had a Qunari near me, the urge to know everything about him was something I could feel deep inside, but everything had its time and this race was very careful with their personal information and secretive so I had to approach this matter carefully.

The Tamassran also had one of the important roles under the Qun and some things they were responsible for. They also worked under the priests and only women were allowed for their work. Under the Qun, their name meant "those who speak" and they were very important for the unified life of the Qunari society. The Tamassran were responsible for the basic rules of their people. They laid down these and also made sure that they were observed. One of their tasks was to choose who would reproduce and with whom, not only the Qunari, but all the races and races of the Tamassran were in one people under the Qun, including elves, humans and others. They were also the ones who gave their names to the born children, even if it was mostly nothing more than some numbers and strange letters. However, there were again some who had certain names, which consisted of character traits and special features, so that one could recognize them later on by what I found, but also had nothing familiar about them. These people had the habit of not calling themselves by a name, but by the title under which they carried out their work. The children were brought up under their supervision and prepared for their later tasks with loving but strict hands. When the children reached the age of only twelve years, they were officially introduced to their predetermined role, which they carried out to their end.

What I also found impressive was that they took care of those who were mentally or physically unable to live a normal everyday life, let alone care for themselves or participate in a fight. The way the Qun was structured, I had expected that there was no place for people with disabilities, but I was wrong. For the Qunari they belonged to society as much as anyone else, and I found this quite praiseworthy, because no one should be denied the prospect of a long and happy life just because a certain mental or physical impairment prevented one in some things. Especially the Tamassrans were also there to be able to simply speak out. They listened to you and gave you comfort when you needed it. They made sure that there were no stressful situations and that things went as harmoniously as possible in the camps. But what belonged there and what I found a bit strange in all this was the sexual needs of the Qunari. You could go to the Tamassrans at any time and they made sure that you didn't have this pressure anymore and that was not something you heard every day and which was probably not common in most cultures.

Just when I started to find something interesting about the Qunari something was added that took me away from this fascination and in this case it was the use of the Qamek. Now many people did not know what this was, what it was used for or how it was made, because this was a special mixture in the ranks of these giants and the recipe for this brew was kept extremely secret. I didn't know exactly what it was made of myself, I could only partially make it up and I didn't know exactly what triggered it, let alone what exactly happened to those who took it. It was used to convert those who refused and fought against it to the Qun. It was instilled into them and, just as I had read it, it caused incredible pain and a kind of vision that could hardly be put into words. Moreover, it erased any memory of the life of the person who was given it to drink and turned them into nothing more than will-less puppets of the Qun. Once you ingested this substance, you weren't able to fight this conversion to any great extent, and that's probably what this remedy was supposed to do. Some Qunari who had lost their way and didn't know what to do also used this remedy as a cure for the mind, so that they could get back on their predetermined path. In small doses it had a healing effect, but in large masses it could cost you your life in the worst case and that was just terrifying and inhuman.