Attempt

Regina

After she left the room I started to look around the room. It's a small room with a bed and a dressing table. Then my gaze turned towards the food she brought. I somehow half-heartedly ate it.

I sat on the bed and started to think how my life turned in just a matter of few weeks. It all started with me coming to Paris, but my life became more interesting when Nate came into it. Speaking of him, I wonder what is that unsettled business between these kidnappers and him. I was little offended as he didn't say anything about this.

What are we?

I don't know why this thought suddenly flashed in my mind, but seriously what are we? I can't say it's friends cause I like him. Maybe more than that? I do get these weird feeling in my stomach whenever I see him or hear him speaking.

Maybe is it due to the fact that he is the only person whom I'm in contact with, so I'm getting these feelings?
I don't know to where I'll take these thoughts if I don't stop now. But I'm so lost in it.
-------

I woke up to someone knocking on the door. Wow! When did I fell asleep. Must have slept thinking too much. I can't even say the time cause I'm in a room with no windows.

I see Rosie at the door with a tray containing food.

"Good morning."

Ah! Morning it is then.

" Did you get any sleep yesterday?" She says seeing eyebags under my eyes.

"Morning. I think so. What's the time now?"

"It's 9.30" she keeps the tray on table and walks towards the door.

"Hey! Could you stay a little longer?" I ask in order to start a conversation keeping my plan of befriending her into action.

But she stood at door without any movement like a statue. She seems like she's thinking something.

"Please?"

She sighs and comes towards the bed.
"Only for a few minutes, okay? As I will be in trouble if they know I'm with you."

"Yeah, it's fine. Thank you."

"Don't mention it. I know how lonely you feel here."

"Mmm, can we play twenty questions, in order to know each other better?" I asked expecting a positive response.

"Yeah" she continues with a smile "For starters, let's ask simple, cute questions."

"Okay, what's your favorite color?"

"Purple, how about yours?"

"It's a bit close to yours, my favorite color is blue."

"My turn now, favorite animal?"

"Dogs and horses, I know it's a weird combination but ye-" I continue but she interrupts me.

"It's good, mine is African parrot.

/Time skip/

Finally she is opening with me and we were talking for god knows how much time. A ding sound is heard indicating she got a message. She replies to whatever it is and suddenly squeals.
"Oh my gosh, it's 12.05!! I should complete preparing half of the lunch by now. Sorry but bye!" She speaks it so fast that I thought she is rapping. And she hurries out of the room.

I sighed and threw myself on the bed staring at the door. Suddenly a idea popped in my head and I walked towards the door. I tried twisting the knob but as expected it doesn't open. Damnit, it should be automatically locking door.

A heavy sigh escapes my lips and slopped onto bed again. Guess it would take some days for me to escape.

After 2 days

This continued for two more days. Everyday she used to come in meal times to bring mine and hers. We used to eat and chat for some time.

Today she's in hurry as she had to finish eating her meal and accompany to store. In that hurry she didn't close the door completely.

I can hear some shuffling upstairs. So I waited until the house became quiet. I heard a door slammed shut and after I didn't hear any more noises. This might be my chance!

I stepped out of the room. There are few rooms here. At the end of the corridor I can see two steps. So I took some steady and quiet steps towards them in the corridor to find a staircase leading upper part of the building. I silently went up and there are three ways.

Is this some kind of maze?

I took a way towards my right. I heard footsteps of someone so I quickly hid myself in some room and luckily it is empty.

Ah! I'm so annoyed with myself now. How can I foolishly think that if Rose goes to store then the whole building will be empty? Stupid, so stup-

My thoughts got interrupted by someone who put me in a headlock. Neither did I hear them open a door nor come near me.

Whoever caught me quickly spun towards them. It's the same guy whom I met the first day. I remember that he is the leader of the gang.

His face is void of expressions and it made me still more scared. That's it, I'm done. Why did I even come out the room?

Martin

There she is!! I knew, sending that lady, what's her name again, argh Rosie, is not a good idea. The only reason I sent her as the girl was frightened so much and thought that she will be comfortable with a woman.

I don't know how to deal with this girl. She began shaking and fear is evident in her eyes.
"Don't melt for it. No! It's just a trap. She tried to escape." My brain began to scream like this but eventually I gave up.

"What are you doing here and how did you come upstairs?" I tried to use my monotone voice.

"I-I ,Yeah, I came upstairs for some fr-fresh a-air." She started confidently but stammered at the end. I face palmed mentally as it sounds so lame than being quiet.

I stood silently with one eyebrow cocked up. Suddenly I made a move towards her finally sandwiching her between wall and myself.
" so you came upstairs for some fresh air,
then who opened the door, darling?" I asked with the same expression with a hint of sarcasm.

She stood there silently knowing she's finally caught.

"You tried to escape, right? I thought you were a good girl and listen to my instructions but no, you have to a brat and try to trick me. Tsk, what do I expect from girlfriend of that stupid Dave. You are same as you- " I stopped speaking as she started staring into abyss.

I clicked my fingers to bring her back to earth.

"Huh, I-I'm..., I don- don't know whom you're speaking about. I only know Nathaniel in this city and I came here to promote my ad." She said while looking straight into my eyes.

A/N

The brother and sister are about to know about themselves. What do you think? Will it be peaceful discussion or...?

Anyways

Finally I'm here guys. Sorry about the wait, I've been dealing with college and other stressful things. But from now on you can expect frequent updates.

That's all for now, I hope you're doing well and are staying safe in your homes. I know it's not best of the times right now, but we'll get through this together, stay safe and stay at home guys!!

💕Well, peace out every one and luv you all💕
Purple you💜💜