Epiphany

Regina POV

While we're talking one of his men came barging into the room and said something about someone attacking at the front gate. I didn't understand one bit about what is going on, so being the curious person, I thought of going out of the room. I could hear some shouts outside. So I snuck out and hid myself behind a pillar which leads to railing.

I could hear that gang leader barking orders to everyone and I saw almost everyone with a weapon. Some are inside the house while some of them went out. Till a minute it is quiet but then I heard

Bang!
Bang!
Bang!

I'm completely paralysed for a moment but then I pulled myself up and ran towards the room from which I came from. I was never this scared in my life. These people are really dangerous and it's safe to be there until the leader comes.

I thought I could block out all the sounds by staying in his room but it isn't the case. Soon I hear blood curling screams, I never saw fights involving guns except in movies. I didn't know when but I started shivering and put myself in a corner.

Martin's POV

After this whole thing got over, I went to my room to take shower. I heard muffled sounds coming from corner of my room. I averted my eyes to find a figure trembling.

Oh! She must be terrified.

I washed my hands and slowly walked towards her. She soon stopped shaking. I gave her a glass of water and she calmed down.

"It's an unexpected fight and you don't have to worry as you will be sent to your house tomorrow. You can sleep here." I said it and left the room to give her privacy. Some people are cleaning mess and I checked on everyone once again. By the time I came back she was asleep on the bed so i had to sleep on couch in my room.

I heard someone crying and woke up almost instantly. I tried to adjust my eyes to the dark and found that girl is wriggling in my bed and crying. Seems like she's having a nightmare. I woke her up by shaking her and she jolted up, still crying. I struggled to get her normal and she calmed down after a bit.

"Are you ok? What happened? Even the before night you were upset. You can consider me as a brother and tell me. You are here because of our gang's mistake. If something's troubling you, you can say it. I'll try my best to solve."

She took some time and spoke
"I don't know why but I feel like my boyfriend is in trouble. I got a bad dream that he got beaten by someone and fell unconscious."

"What's his name?"

"Nathaniel Hudson"

The moment I heard that name I felt it was familiar. I'm in a deep thought and yes, it finally clicked. He was my friend before I got kidnapped by this gang. All the childhood memories came by and-

"Hello, what happened? You zoned out a bit."
Then I realized she's here.

"Um, nothing. What's his- I mean your name?" identify your boyfriend."

"Okay"

With that, I searched on my laptop and found a few pictures. I gestured her to see those and she pointed one. The photo which she pointed looked like the unknown person from the fight yesterday.

Now everything makes sense. That unknown man is our childhood friend Nathan and this girl right here is my sister.
I don't have any objection for not accepting them as that guy really did team up with mafia person (Dave) and fought to save my sister.

But thinking about it makes me feel guilty. The only reason why I did not get to search my family was they threatened me that if I do not join their gang, then they will find where my family lives and kill them. The worst thing is, even now I can't leave this shit and move on. I messed up and too caught up in mafia.

At least by coupling up these two lovers and leave them to lead their life without me meddling, can make me feel better maybe.

With that thought immediately I left my room and went in finding the room in which they kept Nathan. He is still unconscious on the floor and chained to chair. I slowly removed him from the chains and he began to slightly stir. He looked at me, still struggling from my hold.

"Can you hear me?" I asked. He nodded slightly.

"Listen here, I got to know who you and Regina are. Well, I'm sorry for everything, but thank you for taking care of her. Hurt her, I won't hesitate to make much worse to you.

Go, take your girl and lead your lives peacefully, she's already terrified of yesterday's fight." I said with sigh knowing that's the best to do, for now atleast.

He took a moment or two and spoke "I wish I could take her and call her mine, but she won't even accept me as her lover. She's as stubborn as you."

I internally smirked and understood the issue, "But that's not my problem, is it?"

"You didn't even change a bit, did you? Always making fun of me whenever possible right?"

Did he know me ?? Is that why he said like that ??

"I-I-I I don't understand!!"

"Don't beat yourself up, i know who you are martin. But I thought you are not that bad but it turned out you are. How can you kidnap your own sister? I never thought you will be this worse."

"Hold on second, I didn't knew that she was my sister and I didn't want to kidnap her, my men kidnapped the wrong person. I love my sister and that is why i don't wanna hurt her so I'm sending you both home and take good care of her."

"But sh-"

"I don't wanna talk about it anymore and go home . I'll talk to you one day but not now and please don't tell my sister about me."

And I left the room and sent them home.
I went to roof and spent the night there thinking about everything since my childhood and I fell asleep.

I really struggled to write this chapter. Lavanya_lav helped me in writing this one. Thank you so much! 😊
She is such an amazing person and got very good editing skills. She's gonna be editor of this book, so you can expect some nice edited chapters.

💕Peace out every one and luv you all💕
Purple you💜💜