Chapter 24: The End Of The World

Previously

Floor 75: Boss Room

No POV:

The raid party after some time had successfully slain the 75th floor boss. After the fight the rest in the boss room and collect themselves. The players soon learn that 15 of their comrades died during the fight. The realization that things from now on will get only harder and more players will die. During this break we see Y/N fixing his gear until he gets back home. However something catches his eye and it has been bothering him for some time. Y/N sees Heathcliff standing up not exhausted and his health not in the yellow.

That also didn't bother Y/N it bothered Kirito as well. They both had lost to Heathcliff in their duel. It had bothered the both of them when they were going to win only to lose so quickly. Unlike Kirito Y/N had been gathering information on Heathcliff since that day. Now finally seeing it in person Y/N and Kirito had decided to try something that might work or might not work. However when they catch Heathcliff off guard and go to stab him something happens.

Before their blades touch the commander a purple Immortal Object appears. It shields Heathcliff from the two attacks and knocks back both Y/N and Kirito. The Immortal Object was similar to what had happened to Yui when she deleted the Fatal Scythe. Everyone was supprised by the actions of the two players until they see it.

Present

Y/N POV:

We had almost stabbed Heathcliff when the Immortal Object appeared stopping our attacks. Our suspicions had now just been confirmed Heathcliff wasn't a player. However everyone else was confused and rushed over to us. "What the hell are you two doing?" Asuna asked "yeah you two you just went after the commander" Miko added. It was then they and everyone else saw the Immortal Object message in front of Heathcliff.

When the message disappeared Kirito and I sheathed our weapons. Miko and Asuna began to question their commander. However Heathcliff stood there quiet looking at the two of us. Kirito and I spoke up gathering everyone's attention. "Because of his status of protection under the system his HP will never fall under the yellow" Kirito revealed which made everyone gasp. "Ever since the start of this death game both Kirito and I had been wondering where he was watching and adjusting this world to his liking" I said.

"To be honest the answer is very childish if there isn't anything more boring than watching someone else play a VRMMORPG" Kirito said. "That's when Kirito and I realized that commander Heathcliff is actually Akihiko Kayaba" I said pointing at Heathcliff. Everyone gasped and was shocked to hear that.

After that there was a few moments of silence Heathcliff stood there. "How did the two of you find out?" he asked "it was during the duel that Shi and I found out" Kirito answered. "That strategy we had couldn't fail it was when you blocked both of our attacks and hit us both with one hit" I added. "I must admit overusing the system assist was a mistake on my part, but the incredible speed, strength and strategy between the two of you forced my hand" Heathcliff said.

Kayaba then announced to everyone that he was indeed the creator of SAO Akihiko Kayaba. Then he admitted that he was actually going to be the boss on the 100th floor much to everyone's shock. "That is super cliche, having the strongest player in the game be the final boss" Kirito remarked. "Honestly Kirito is right super cliche and lame, however I will thank you for the Scooby Doo moment" I said. Heathcliff divulged saying that betraying everyone at the end seemed appealed to him.