Chapter 19: Killing Intent

With no other way to help Miko and Asuna leave the Knights of the Blood Oath Y/N and Kirito end up excepting a duel with the leader of the guild Heathcliff. The rules are simple if both Y/N and Kirito win Miko and Asuna get to leave the guild but if they lose both of them wil end up joining guild. Knowing the possible outcome they except the duel.

Floor 75: Collinia

No POV:

On the 75th floor in the main city of Collinia we see people gather at the colosseum. They are gathering to see the duel between two beaters with unique skills against the strongest player in SAO. At a stand we see players purchasing seats to watch the duel. There is a sign saying "the dual wielding demon and the golden rogue vs the living legend". In the tunnel of the colosseum we find both Y/N and Kirito being scolded by Miko and Asuna.

Y/N POV:

"Do have any idea what the two of you have just done?" Miko asked Kirito and I. "Excepted a duel" I answered casually "that's besides the point" Miko responded. "The two of just excepted a duel with the strongest player in Aincrad" Asuna said to us "not like we had a choice" Kirito said. "Sorry big brother but I care more about your freedom then mine" Miko said to me. "She's right I would rather you not be forced into a guild because of me" Asuna said to Kirito.

"The commander is known for his own unique skill Holy Sword" Miko said "yeah the skill grants him outstanding offense and defense" Asuna added. "No one has ever seen his health fall into the yellow not once" Miko said letting the fact sink in. I remembered from previous boss battles how Heathcliff battled and the girls weren't wrong their commander was the strongest. Then I realized that I was going to have to battle him. I knew that Kirito would be in there with me but could both he and I defeat Heathcliff. "Shi and I are very aware of his skill but we're not going to lose so easily" Kirito said.

Time Skip

No POV:

We see Asuna and Miko in the tunnel watching both Kirito and Y/N enter the arena. Ahead we see Heathcliff standing there waiting for the both of them. "I'm sorry for the audience I wanted this to be a private matter" Heathcliff told them. "this is a rare occasion for them" Y/N said "let's not disappoint then" Kirito said. They opened the duel menu and selected the options it would be a two on one with the First Strike option selected.

As the time counted they all got ready Kirito equiped his two swords while Y/N equiped his sword then his dagger by copying Kirito's skill. "Let's do this Shi" Kirito said "let's" Y/N replied the two of them readied themselves. The timer finally counted down to zero at this moment Y/N and Kirito began their attack. They both used their skills Kirito used his Dual Blades while Y/N used his Sword of Eden. Heathcliff blocked both of their attacks in a single motion with his tower shield.

It seemed like both Y/N and Kirito were at a disadvantage in this fight as Heathcliff easily defended and attacked using his holy sword. "Kirito I have a plan" Y/N said "okay your gonna use it?" Kirito asked "yep, so be ready" Y/N said. Heathcliff readied himself waiting for the two of them and this so called "plan". Y/N charged forward and used his Shooting Star blade skill to knock Heathcliff's shield back. At this moment Y/N went to strike but suddenly without warning Heathcliff stabbed Y/N.

It was now that Y/N's skill Deception activated. Y/N's body faded away revealing that he was now about to attack the side of Heathcliff. Kirito charged up a Starburst Stream and went to also attack the now off guard Heathcliff. At this moment things went red and black as things slowed down. Y/N and Kirito's perception changed they saw Heathcliff slowly move his shield in front of Kirito and his sword in front of Y/N. Things returned to normal and at an incredible speed Heathcliff blocked both Y/N and Kirito's attacks.