Chapter 2 - Meeting Ricky

"What's your name?", asked the mysterious boy in a soft voice.

I was already aware of many pairs of eyes trained on us. The funny thing is, they weren't trying to hide the fact that they were staring. They were just openly staring, which was kind of embarrassing.

"Laina", I said.

"I'm Ricky."

And with that I immediately knew who this boy was. He was Ricky Snyder, official bad boy of Falls High.

Before I came to school today, I went online and did my research. Ricky Snyder is apparently the hottest sophomore in school, and also the baddest.

He's been written-up and suspended multiple times. But it seems like he manages to steer clear away from the serious infractions. No drugs, no alcohol, nothing of that nature.

I also found out that there are rumors. Really big, juicy rumors. Apparently, him and another sophomore, Jordon Fields, are in rival gangs. Ricky is a member of The Snakes, and Jordan's a member of Carnage.

Falls High is a pretty big school, so I can see how the administration might not be able to crush the gang problem. But I'm wondering:

If these two rival gangs aren't into anything really illegal... Then what's really going on?

Ricky studied me. I've decided that he's strange. No, not strange. Different. He didn't size me up the way other guys did. He only looked at me through my eyes.

Which was a change for me. A good change.

"I love your eyes in the sunlight", he said. He didn't smile, he just kept looking. And I looked right back.

And that was the exact moment that I fell for Ricky Snyder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for chapter two. Ricky is probably not your typical bad boy, but you'll understand why in my upcoming chapters. Comment and tell me what you think. Thanks for reading. :)