Chapter 3 - Going Somewhere

"Let's go somewhere", said Ricky.

I tried to inconspicuously look around. The crowd was still avidly watching us.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Away from all the attention."

Ricky led me through the crowd, which parted for us as if we were royalty.

"So you noticed that too, huh?"

Ricky looked at me with a gleam in his eyes.

"I notice many things."

After that we just walked in comfortable silence. I didn't even know where we were going. I just knew that I wanted to go there with him. Which was a strange way to feel, since I'd just met him.

Then I remembered. Of all the days to meet a really cute guy, I actually had somewhere to be. My mom wanted me home by 4:00. I checked my phone. It was 3:49. I only had eleven minutes to spare. And my house was a rather far walk from the school.

"Listen, Ricky. Thanks for walking with me, but... I have to... I mean, I can't-"

He cut me off.

"Curfew?", he said with an amused smile.

"Yeah." We both laughed. It felt good to laugh with him.

We stopped walking as we reached the school's parking lot.

"Where do you live?"

"422 Miller Street. Why?"

"Because I'm driving you."

"What? NO. I mean, no thank you. That's not really necessary. I'm good with just walking..."

Then I saw his car. Wow. It was a beautiful white Cadillac. I could just see the beige leather seats from inside the lightly tinted windows.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Admiring her? That right there's my baby. Name's Angela."

I laughed. "You gave your car a name?"

"Of course, she's an important part of my life."

He went to the passenger door and opened it. Wow, a guy with manners. True gentleman. Now there's something you don't see everyday.

"No really, I'm fine."

"Get in. We're wasting time here. You've only got nine minutes left..."

I smiled and hurried to the passenger seat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, there's already a little bit of romance there. Keep reading because there's a lot more where that came from. Vote, comment, do what you do. :)