Chapter 6 - Making Plans

I woke up at 7:45 and began my morning routine. I took a shower, dressed, put on jewelry, and did my hair into a bun. And while today might have seemed like a regular, normal day. I knew better.

Today was the day that I met up with Ricky before first period.  And then we would go out together after school and...

STOP. I can't get ahead of myself. First, I have to talk to him. 

I was thinking about him as I ran down the stairs and almost got out the door. Almost. 

My mom was in the kitchen reading the newspaper, and drinking coffee. I should have known that she would stop me.

"Laina."

"Good morning, Mom."

"You eat breakfast yet?"

"No, but-"

"Come eat breakfast."

"Oh, I'm just going to eat at school." 

My mom looked up from her newspaper and frowned at me. 

"Okay, then. Well, you have a good day."

"You too, Mom."

I was about to walk out the door, when I almost forgot what I wanted to tell her.

"Oh, Mom!"

She looked up again.

"Yes?"

"I might be home a little late. Ummm... Remember the guy yesterday- the one who brought me home?"

She nodded her head slightly. 

"He asked me out on-"

"Already? Only the second day of school, and you have a date scheduled?"

"Yeah, I know. It's a bit of a short notice, but I think-"

"I think I'd like to know this mysterious young man. Why don't you have him bring you home again, so that I can meet him?"

I could just see my date plans crumbling to pieces in front of my eyes. I wish I'd never mentioned it.

My mom continued speaking.

"Then after I meet him and we talk, you two can go out."

Then my mom looked up again and saw my face.

"I'm only trying to protect you, Laina. I'm your mother, remember?"

I smiled. "Okay, that sounds like a plan. Thanks, mom."

I walked out the door. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The walk to school seemed short to me. But that was probably because I was really excited to see Ricky.

As I was walking up the steps to the front of the school, my phone vibrated. I eagerly took my phone out of my pocket and checked it. A new message.

Good morning, Laina. *smile emoji* Meet me by the gym.

I began to walk towards the gym. 

It was only took me two minutes before I turned a corner and saw him.

"Hey", said Ricky.

"Hey."

"So tonight?"

"Yeah, about that. I was thinking, maybe you could drive me there... But before we go out my mom will want to speak with you."

I was expecting him to want to back out, but to my surprise he didn't. 

"Alright, so... We'll drive to your place and stop. You can go in and freshen up or whatever, and I'll talk to your mom. Then we can go out. Maybe get something to eat or watch a movie?"

"Yeah, cool. That sounds good to me..."

Then the bell rang for the beginning of first period.

"Okay, well... I better get going. Can't be late." I turned and began to walk away.

I was shocked when a minute later, Ricky walked up next to me.

"Umm... Ricky, where are you going?"

He smiled at me. 

"I have no where really important to be, so I thought that I'd walk you to class."

"Oh, really? No where to be right now? Like your first period class?"

He chuckled. 

"What, you don't want me to walk with you?"

"No." I smiled. "I don't want you to be late."

We stopped walking as we neared my classroom door. 

"Okay, you've now walked me to class. Now what?"

"Now you go to class before you're late."

We tried to stay serious with each other.

It only lasted a couple of seconds before we both burst out laughing.

"Bye, Ricky", I said as I began to open the door.

And then I walked into my class with huge smile on my face. I din't even stop smiling when the teacher asked me why I was late. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so that was chapter six. I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment. :)