Chapter 16 - Trouble

Jordon and I rode back to my house in comfortable silence. It wasn't until after we reached my house, that things got a little... uncomfortable.

Ricky was standing outside on the front steps with my mother. They both had the same worried and concerned look on their face.

Then they look relieved to see me. And then they looked angry.

'Here it comes', I thought. I took off my helmet, passed it to Jordon, and stepped off his motorcycle.

"Mom, I can explain-"

"You can explain nothing! Laina. I leave you home alone for a couple of hours and you jump on the motorcycle of some boy that I don't know. You didn't tell anyone where you are, or who you were with. I can't believe you. I come home to find you missing and..."

Then Ricky speaks up. "I'm sorry Laina. I came over to surprise you and... No one was there. I called your mom-"

"Hold up." Now it was my turn to be upset with someone. "You called her? Why would you call her? I can't even-"

My mother decides to interrupt me. "He called me because he's responsible! That's why! Unlike you, he knows limits, and he is..."

Blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure that my mother's speaking right now, but... Whatever. And that's when I realize that Jordon's still here. Watching all of this family drama unfold. Okay.

My mother finally realizes who she should really be mad at. And she turns on Jordon.

"And who are you?"

"Fields, ma'am. Jordon Fields."

"Oh. Well, it's nice to meet you Jordon. But next time please ask me for permission before taking my daughter out the house."

I'm stuck in the middle, getting ready to make a run for the front door. I really don't want to be here for this conversation.

But my mother is done just yet.

"And where did you exactly take her, Jordon?

"We went out to get ice cream. I just wanted to show Laina some of the cool spots around the town. Since, you know, she just got her and she didn't have much time to... see the sights."

I'm expecting my mom to yell, call him a liar... And some other stuff, but instead she's just quiet. I can see her sizing him up. And apparently, Jordon is just fine, and he gets off the hook.

I really didn't expect it to be that easy, but. I'm not complaining.

Then Ricky and Jordon look at each other.

And I have no idea what'd going to happen next.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment!!! :-)