Chapter 12 - Two Sides

When I got home, I greeted my mom, and quickly headed upstairs. I was determined to text Ricky, as quickly as possible. Let's just say: I felt kind of bad about today.

I ditched him before lunch so I could talk to Jordon (and give him back his ring). And then again aftershool (even though that was completely different). Still, I felt like the worst 'friend' ever.

Speaking of 'friends'. I just realized that Ricky is like... my only friend at Falls High. And I don't even know if he's technically a friend. I like him, he like's me, but we're not really official.

Which means... ... ...

You know what? Whatever.

I settled on my bed, and pulled out my phone.

Hey, srry for not txting back or meeting you outside. I was busy. But I'm at home now, and yea I'm fine. Thnx.

That was probably the most horrible text I have ever written to a guy, but I hit send anyway. Because I couldn't find any other way to put it. I basically blew him off twice today to go talk to his main enemy in school. Which, if he finds out about, (and he won't) he'd get upset about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So me and Ricky texted for a couple of hours. About everything and nothing. He learned a bit about me, and I learned about him.

He's sixteen now, but was a foster child from age five. He told me many details, and I didn't probe or delve too deep.

And I finally got to learn about his 'gang'. The one he's supposed to be involved with.

Apparently (from what he said), his gang 'The Snakes', are not really a gang. They're just a group of guys (who've known each other for like ever) who have a tendency to start fights, and get in trouble easily. And he just happens to be their leader. But they never do anything bad. 'Bad' meaning: drugs, alcohol, illegal activities, etc.

And he also managed to tell me about the other gang in the area, (who also weren't really a gang) called Carnage.

And Jordon Fields is the leader of that one.

So... The story goes like this: Back in the day, the older members of Carnage (supposedly), did something highly offensive to the older members of The Snakes. They used to get along before this 'incident', but ever since then (and this was almost fifteen years ago), they don't anymore.

I didn't ask what exactly happened all those years ago, but I do know that it must've been bad. Since it's been fifteen years, and both sides hold are still holding a grudge.

Which is absolutely crazy. But then again...

There's always two sides to the story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoed this chapter, and if you did, don't forget to comment and vote. Please and thank you!! ;)