Chapter 14 - Along for the Ride

I slipped into my flip flops, and ran down the stairs to greet him.

I couldn't believe he was here. He shouldn't be. He isn't supposed to be. And I also didn't give him my number or tell him where I live, so....?

I opened, shut, and locked the front door back in like three seconds. But it's not like I was 'desperate' to see him or anything.

I pushed all this to the back of my mind as I focused on him. Then: awkward silence.

Ummm... What to say? He was just sitting there (looking gorgeous), on his motorcycle, waiting for me to say something.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Oh. Well, it's nice to see you, too."

I smirked. "Haha. Nice try. But last time I remember, it was you who was being rude to me."

His smile fell. "About that. I'm sorry."

I almost was tempted to just easily forgive him. Then I remembered: no, I must be strong. (But I so badly just wanted to accept his apology.)

He kept looking at me. "So...? Do you forgive me?"

I gave a nonchalant shrug.

"Is that a yes or a no?"

I smiled and pretended to ignore him.

"Well", he said. "I guess I'll just leave."

"No!" He looked at me and smiled. Uhhh!

"I mean... No. Don't leave, I... We..."

He interrupted me. "I have somewhere I want to take you."

"Where?"

"Hop on", he said, patting the seat behind him. "Here's a helmet, I'll let you know where we are going in a sec."

I gingerly stepped on behing him, aware of how close we were. I put on the helmet that he passed to me.

"Since you haven't been to any of the great spots in Falls, I thought we'd do a little sight-seeing. The town might seem small, but it really isn't. I'm thinking... Ice cream. How about you?"

"Oh, yeah. That sounds good."

He put up the kickstand, and started up the engine.

He looked back at me. "You might want to hold on."

"Are you sure?"

"Well. I'm sure I don't want you getting hurt", he said softly.

I was shocked. There must be a heart underneath the bad boy exterior.

I held on to his waist as we rode off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter (and the romance<3). Please vote and comment!!! :)