Chapter 3-3 - Starting From "Zero"

Saturday
7:30 AM

*alarm beeping*

Tama's Mother: Tama, wake up. You got errands to do. Your friend is here, too.
Tama: *yawn* Yes, mom.

After shower and breakfast, she goes outside to meet Daniel. Ako and Koyuki are with him.

Koyuki: Morning, Tama.
Tama: Good morning. Koyuki, is it?
Koyuki: Yes.
Tama's Mother: Are you one of her friends as well?
Ako: Yes. We came to see her. I'm Ako Hatoda.
Daniel: Morning.
Tama: Daniel? What are you doing here?
Daniel: I'm also running errands for my grandmother.
Tama's Mother: Tama, I'll need you to buy some ingredients for our lunch, but stay close and don't wander off. Here's the list if you're confused.
Tama: Yes, mom.

They all leave the house, and go on to the supermarket.

Ako: Tama, I found what you were looking for! Come here!
Tama: I'll be right there!

Daniel as the newspaper kiosk, searching for a right brand that his grandmother uses.

Daniel: Let's see. There should be a Filipino Star brand here...Found it, and today's news.
Kiosk Cashier: That will be 10 pesos.
Daniel: Here.
Kiosk Cashier: Thank you.
Daniel: I should finish the rest with the others.

Daniel regrouped with the rest. Tama and the others have finished shopping. She feels a little sad and upset.

Tama: I got the ingredients. Did I get them correctly?..

Daniel replies, while patting her in the head for a good finding for what they need.

Daniel: Let me see. Hmm, yes. You matched it all.
Good girl.
Tama: Thanks.

They all walk home arriving in time for lunch. Daniel also arrives at his home, giving the newspaper to his grandmother.

Daniel: Here.
Elsa: (Thank you. Don't forget to take a shower, we're going to Cavite later afternoon.)
Daniel: (Yes, granny.)

3:00 PM
Near Sunset

Daniel dresses up in his civilian attire. He goes outside with his grandparents, with the car started by his grandfather. Tama and Ako goes along with Daniel.

Tama: Daniel?...
Daniel: What is it?
Tama: Can we go along with you?
Ako: I have a small package to deliver to your friend, Johann.
Daniel: Go on. (Gramps, they're coming along with me.)
Rodolfo: (Okay, son. They'll be sitting in the back with you.)

The car drives away. They talk to each other.

Daniel: Ako, about that package for Johann. What's inside it?
Ako: A maintenence portable toolkit for a car.
Daniel: I see. His father must have been in trouble to repair his SUV. He should be there.

Caridad Residential Street, Cavite City

Rodolfo: (We're here. I'll park at the De Guzman, and be on Cedric's house.)
Daniel: (Sure.)

Their car is now parked behind a truck. All of them leave the car and be on their way. They walk to his old home that is beside the computer cafe.

Daniel: This was my home.
Tama: Your home?
Daniel: In the past, until it was renovated into a bakery. I always visited this place. See that? That store, beside the internet cafe, is the one. Come with me. I already know the entire place.

They go inside the bakery. Daniel shows the interior. Only the baking oven, supplies, and equipment are here.

Daniel: Right here, it was a bit skippy, until we moved everything to Noveleta.
Ako: You must have been poor family.
Daniel: Not so much, until one night, my mother was turned into a battered wife because my dad acting like a fool who doesn't know how to take care and grow a family. I had to let that go, as I forgave him. Someday, I will bring them back for our family to be whole and return our lives to normal.
Tama: That's kinda sad to hear from you, but that was nice to hear that you are still working for their sake.
Daniel: Let's get outside.