15. The Day After

Ana's POV..

Something beside me starts buzzing. I ignore it and try to get back to my slumber. It starts buzzing again and it won't stop. I groan and try to get my phone from the night stand beside me. I open one eye and see who's calling me at seven in the morning. Once I see who it is, I'm quickly up on my feet while trying to keep quiet. "Hello?" I ask. "Ana?" My mother says on the other line. "Yes?" I say back sleepily. "I know you'll be coming home soon, but you can't." "Wait. Why not?" "Because. I'll call you when it's over. Please stay there." She says. "What's happe...." She cuts me off. "Ana I have to go." She says and quickly hangs up. Before she hangs up I hear bottles being smashed and yelling. I furrow my eyebrows and try to think of what's going on. I text my brother but he says that he's not home either. He went to stay at a friends house. They also called him and told him to stay there for a while, until he was called again. I quietly leave the room and head to the bathroom. I wash my face with warm water and dry it off. A knock comes from the door. "Ana?" A very sleepy drake says on the other side of the door. "Hold on a sec." I try to keep myself together before I open the door. "Are you okay?" He knocks again. "Yea. I um." I wipe the few tears that have dropped. "Ana open the door." He says strictly. I do as he says and just stand there. "Ana. What's wrong?" He asks. "Nothing. Uh. But my mom called and asked if I could stay here a little longer. I don't know what's going on. But when she called me I heard bottles being smashed followed by yelling." I try not to think about it anymore. "Yea sure. My mom won't mind. I'll go see what she's made for breakfast." He says giving me a peck on the cheek before leaving. I enter his room and start looking for new clothes. I find very comfy sweats and a shirt that smells just like him. I take a big sniff of his smell, knowing it smells nothing like Evan. And I like it. I hear someone clear their throat. I quickly turn around and see hunter. "Are you okay?" He asks. I nod and quickly wipe the few tears away. My phone starts ringing and I quickly pick it up. "Hello?" I almost yell into the phone. "Ana. I'm going to pick you up." My dad says on the other line. "What. Why?" "You're. You're mother. She's. She's in the hospital." He says, almost like he's crying. I drop my phone, making it land on the hard wood floor. shattered. "Ana. What's wrong?" Hunter comes to my side while I'm on my knees crying. "No. No. It can't be." I say. "What happened?" He says. I pick up the phone again, my dad still on the line. "What happened to her." I say wiping the tears away. "I'll explain later. I'm taking you an extra pair of clothes. Be ready in five minutes." He says sniffling. I nod even though she can't see me. I continue crying, trying to be strong but it's not working. All I really need is someone to just hold me. I run up to hunter and wrap my arms around him. He soothingly rubs my back, confused. Once I calm down I let go and wipe my tears away. "I. I. I need to get ready." I grab my dress and the clothes I had currently picked out of Drakes wardrobe. I quickly change and head downstairs. "Uh. I'm sorry. I'm not staying for breakfast. My dads coming to pick me up." I tell his mom. "Sweetie are you sure. I'll be glad to have you for breakfast." She says in her sweet voice. "I can't. I'm sorry. I'm going to see my mom." Her face becomes shocked. "What happened. Is she okay?" She asks. I can feel the tears coming back. "Uh. Yea. She's. She's in the hospital. I don't know what's wrong with her." I tell her and Drake. "Would you like me come with you?" Drake asks. "No. I'll be fine." My dad honks the horn, indicating he's here. "I'll call you later." He gives me a quick peck on the cheek and a tight hug. "I'll go visit around three." He says before I reach the door. I quickly nod and run to my dads car. Before I even reach the door I can see that my dads eyes are red, he's been crying. I jump in the car and he quickly drives to the city hospital without a word to me. We run into the office and I quickly start asking questions to the lady in the front. "Where's my mom? How is she doing? What happened? Tell me!" I say crying hysterically. "You can't see her right now. She's asleep. She needs her rest." She says calmly. "How can you be so calm!" I almost yell. She doesn't say anything. My dad grabs my shoulders and leads me to the waiting room. Everyone's there. All my sisters, brother-in-laws, and my brother. They all come around and just hug me. "What happened?" I say slowly. "Well..." They start explaining one by one. Apparently on of my sisters boyfriend found my other sisters boyfriend on top of my sister. He started to punch him and when my mom went to go check it out, they wouldn't stop and she got a heart attack. Nothing major, but major enough to bring her and check her. I look over at the two and see that they have bruises all around their faces. "This is your guy's fault. Why are you even here!" I try to stay calm. "We're here because we feel bad." "You should!" I yell. My dad makes me sit back down and I try not to cry once again.

~~~
Not my best chapter. I know.

Edited 6/19/15