right direction

Hades

Lucinda was in the kitchen and beamed when Macaria stepped into the room. "I'm cooking your favorite dish!"

Macaria sat down by the table.

"I'll go find Stella." I said, excusing myself from the kitchen.

I went to her bedroom, empty, and then to mine.

Stella was passed out on the bed. In terms of her getting back to her life on Earth, this was the right direction. But that also meant that I'd lose her.

I got in bed behind her, spooning her from behind and wrapped my arm around her waist.

She smelled of sunshine and summer days, and I already missed the smell. This was what most mortal described as learning a loved one was sick and would die. I hated that feeling.

The last time I'd reincarnated myself, I'd fallen for this young woman. She gave me her everything, but when she'd been trampled on by a horse. Modern medicine had yet to come, so she'd laid there, not dying but waiting for death.

It took six days before her body gave in and let her have peace. And while what I felt for Stella was different, and stronger, I had loved that woman. She didn't remember me, once I returned to the Underworld.

Stella sighed in my arms and stretched, turning around in the same go. "Hey," she said, touching my face. "You're so gloomy, what's the matter." She whispered.

"You sleep more," I said. "It means your body on Earth is healing, and that your time here will end sooner rather than later."

She bit her lip. "I feel like I'm about to lose you forever, only, it's because I won't remember you."

I gently kissed her soft lips. "Lucinda has cooked dinner."

Stella nodded. She looked at me for a long moment and then sighed. "There was something I wanted to tell you, but now I've forgotten what it was."

I smiled. "I've never heard of memory loss, so that's all you."

She shoved me unto my side, straddling me, her thighs on either side of me, her hands on either side of my face. "Really? That's your comment? How many have you been this close to? Maybe they just didn't tell you?"

I pulled her to me, my hands on her wrist. "Only you." I said before kissing her.

She bit her lipped and pulled back. "Food."

I groaned. "Fine!"

Stella laughed and got out of bed. "Thank you."

I intertwined our fingers when we left the room.