Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

"No... I couldn't care less..." he said. Then he turns around and leave. His eyes... they held loneliness... what happens to him in the past? I have to know... I wanna help him... even though I don't know him.

Gaara... what an interesting guy...

-The Chunnin Exam-

Y/N P.O.V

Me and the others are standing on the bridge. Sensei told us to gather today. But as always... he's late. I let out a sigh and leans my back against the railing for the bridge.

"Why did he always make us wait?" I said. "Yeah! He didn't even think about our feelings... I didn't get the chance to brush my hair..." Sakura said. "Yeah yeah! I didn't even get the chance to brush my teeth or change my underwear, dattebayo!" Naruto said. I gagged at what he said. "That isn't something you should talk about..." I said. "Yeah! That's disgusting" Sakura said, agreeing with me.

I decide to just take a sit, tired of standing. I jump when Sensei suddenly appear out of no where. "Ah sheesh... you scared the shit outta me, Sensei!" I said. "Language... and I have to help an old woman bring her stuff to her house" Sensei said. I have a feeling that he isn't lying now. So I just respond with a hum. Naruto and Sakura however... yell at him for lying.

Sensei ignore them and take out 4 slips of paper. "Here's a slip of Chunnin exam application form..." he said. "Chunnin exam?" Sakura said. "You're repeating me, Sakura... and yeah... for those who are interested in following the exam... come tomorrow at room 303..." he said, then he just poofed away.

"That's it? Welp... bye then..." I said, waving bye at them. I decide to walk around the village for a while, there isn't much for me to do if I went home and it's still too early to be at home.

After a while of walking around, I start to feel a little bored. Saphira... can we fly? It's been a while I didn't soar up in the air... I asks her. Sure kid... let's go to the training ground... she responds. I grin and start running towards the training ground.

When I get there, I gather some chakra on my back and will it to form a pair of wings.

Then I flap them and start levitating

Then I flap them and start levitating. Then I just fly higher and higher. Once I'm as high as the cloud I start whooping in delight. Oh how I love being on the sky. Everything is so beautiful from up here. I didn't realize someone is watching me.

Gaara P.O.V

I'm walking around the village alone. Which I ended up being in the training ground. The place is empty. But then I heard someone screaming, which sounds to be delight. I look around but no one is around.

Then I look up to see the same h/c haired girl from before. She have wings on her back. It looks like the wings of a dragon. What is she? Is she just like me?

Then she starts to fly lower, until her feet touch the ground. I quickly hide behind the tree. I watch as she release whatever jutsu she's using and the wings disappear from her back. Then she starts stretching. I can see the smile grazing her lips.

What an interesting girl...

Y/N P.O.V

For some reason... I can feel someone here with me. I look around for any sign of presence, but no one is there.

"Skulvalas Ven..." I said, activating my dragon eyes. Soon enough, I can see Chakra flow behind the tree. "Come on out... I can see you..." I said, in a calm tone. Then someone walks out from behind the tree. "Oh... it's you, Gaara..." I said. He just stayed silent and stare at me. I can see the same loneliness in his eyes.

My eyes turns normal. Then I walk closer to him. I can see sand flowing around him. I can feel there's something in those sand. It's like... a spirit.

"What are you doing here?" I asks. "I just want to take a stroll around the town and ends up here" he said. I hummed in respond. Then he didn't say a thing and continue to stare at me. "Are you okay? Why do you keep staring at me like that?" I asks. He didn't answer and just turn around to leave. "Hmm... weird..." I said to myself. I look up at the sky to see it's starting to get dark, so I decide to head home for the day.

The Next Day

I get up early, of course I choose to join the Chunnin exam. I wouldn't miss the opportunity to level up my rank.

I get ready and change into my ninja outfit. Then I have a simple breakfast. After I'm done, I make my way to the academy. I meet Naruto along the way. I wave at him as a greeting and he grins "hello, Y/N-Chan! I see you've decide to participate on the exam" he said. "Of course! This is my chance to level up" I said. Then we start making our way to the academy together.

After a while of walking, we reach the academy and meet up with Sasuke and Sakura. I greet them and they greet back. Then all 4 of us makes our way to the next floor.

When we get on top, I can see bunch of people in front of a door. A girl I know as Tenten is pleading the two people guarding the door to be let in. 'But this is only the second floor... what are they doing here?' I thought to myself. I activate my dragon eyes to look past the genjutsu. I check the two guarding the door. I recognize them as Izumo and Kotetsu.

I walk forward. "Reverse the genjutsu... this is a very cheap trick..." I said. Izumo smirks "seems like one of you manage to see through the genjutsu..." he said. "Actually... I'm not the only one..." I turn to look at Sakura. "You notice it too, right?" I said. She turns to me and smile "yeah... this is only the second floor" she said.

"Nice nice... now let's see if you can see through this!" Kotetsu said, then he swings his leg at me. Sasuke appears in front of me to attack him. But before they could land a hit on each other. A guy with a green jumpsuit appear out of no where in between them, catching both of their legs.

"Lee! What are you doing? You're the one who says we need to keep a low profile!" A guy with pale violet eyes said. A Hyuuga.

"I know... it's just..." he stops mid sentence as he looks at me. His cheeks turns pink as he walks over to me. He gives me a grin. "My name is Rock Lee... you're L/N Y/N, right?" He said. I look at him a bit surprise. "Um... yeah... that's me..." I said. Then he gives me a thumbs up. "Please be my girlfriend... I vow to protect you with my life!" He said. I sweat-dropped at this.

Wooo~ someone just got a confession I heard Saphira teasing me. A tick mark appear on my head. Shut up, Saphira... I don't even know this guy! I said which earns a chuckle from her.

"Sorry... I don't know you... so... no..." I said, as nice as possible. He looks depressed. I let out a nervous laugh. "Um... guys... let's just go to the third floor..." I said.

"Hey you! What's your name..." the Hyuuga boy said, pointing at Sasuke and me. "It's a common courtesy to introduce yourself before asking someone else's name..." Sasuke said. He looks angered at what he said. "I'm L/N Y/N... I'm sure Lee over there have mentioned my name... and this guy is Sasuke... it's nice to meet you...." I said. A tick mark appears on Sasuke's head and he grabs my hand as he starts pulling me with him. I let out a chuckle and walks with him.

Then...

*to be continued*