Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

He pulls away and leans his forehead against mine. "I... I love you... Y/N..." he whispers, hesitantly as if he's afraid that I'll leave. I smile softly at him "I love you too, Gaara... you're not alone... not anymore..." I said. He smiles and hugs me.

-Third Phase: Final Preliminary- 

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of alarm. Today will be the final phase of Chunnin exam. To say I'm nervous will be an understatement. I'm VERY anxious. How will it be. But then I remember one thing...

Gaara have killed Dosu, who is supposed to be my opponent on this phase. Now that he's dead... who's going to be my opponent? But oh well... whatever. I just have to focus on whoever it will be.

I head to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Then I just make myself a simple breakfast and begin to eat in silent. Once I'm done eating, I place the dirty dishes on the sink and glance at the time. Hm... I still have some time. So I decide to wash them now.

Once I'm done, I make my way to the battle arena. I place my hands inside my pocket as I continue to walk.

It didn't take long for me to get there. I head up to the podium and take a seat. Soon more and more people started to pile in. I can see Gaara from a far. I raise my hand and wave at him. But for some reason Gaara ignored me. A frown appear on my face as I decide to ignore it.

I wonder what's wrong with him... why did he ignore me all the sudden... I thought to myself. Don't worry, kid... it's probably nothing. Maybe your boyfriend is nervous Saphira said. No... that can't be... I mean... he have his mother's spirit to protect him... he won't be able to get hurt no matter how much the enemy would try. So he have nothing to worry about... I said back. Kid... I'm not talking about the phase... I'm talking about you she said. Wait... me? Why would he be nervous about me?? I asks in confusion. Well... you two just gotten together yesterday and from what I know from seeing him... he's never once been in a relationship... so I think it's normal for him to act that way... he just don't know how to act around you... she explain. Ah... that makes sense. Okay... I get it now... thanks Saphira... I said.

Naruto came and take a seat next to me. He seems to be running all the way here. "What's up with you?" I asks. "I got chased by a horde of bulls" he said. That make me burst out in laughter. "Hey! Don't laugh at me..." he said, pouting. I pat his shoulder "alright... I won't..." I said, trying to hold back my laughter. He stare at me with a raise eye-brow. I can't hold it in anymore and burst out on another laughing fit. He rolls his head at me and starts sulking.

My head snap to the arena when I heard a blood-curling scream. I see a boy with his arm broken. Then I feel something... a strong blood lust. I turn my head to look at Gaara. He have a murderous looks in his eyes, then I realize the bloodlust is coming from him.

Now it's time for the fight of Gaara against Sasuke. Sasuke is still not here. I heard Kakashi-Sensei is the one training him. "Kakashi-Sensei is always late..." I said to myself. "You get that right, Y/N..." Naruto said next to me.

Sasuke appears last minute. "Name?" The proctor said. "Uchiha... Sasuke..." Sasuke said. Then we make eye contact, he winks at me.

Gaara P.O.V

I can feel Shukaku acting up. That's why I don't want to be around Y/N, it's too risky... I don't want to hurt Y/N... I love her. If I ever hurt her... I would never be able to forgive myself.

Then I see that Uchiha winks at Y/N... at MY girl. I can feel the anger slowly growing in me. I clench my hands into a tight fist.

Kankuro P.O.V

Gaara's bloodlust grow stronger when he saw Sasuke winking at Y/N. His eyes turns darker. As if he's mad upon seeing the interaction between Sasuke and Y/N. Did something happened that I don't know of?! Is there something going on between those two?

Gaara turns into sand and materialize on the arena. His eyes is glaring daggers at Sasuke. But Sasuke just calmly stare back at him with a smirk. Oh boy... that guy didn't know what's he's gotten himself into. No one dared to mess with Gaara in this situation. He sure have a death wish.

Y/N P.O.V

The battle soon begin. Sasuke swung a punch to Gaara. But the sand stops him. I can make out the slight smirk on his face, then he disappear. I gasps out of shock. 'T-That move! That's Lee's move!' I thought to myself.

I remember what had happened to Lee. He got injured really bad. He's been hospitalized after he battled. But right now he's standing near me. I turn my head to look at him. He looks shock, I can see him clenching his hand on the clutch he use to help him stand. Blood starts to drip on it. I place my hand on top of his. He flinch and turns to me. Then his fist loosen up. I smile at him and turn my attention to the battle.

Gaara starts to form a dome out of his sand. I can hear gasps near me. I turn to see Kankuro. That's a forbidden technique! I can hear his thought. This makes me worried. I turn my head back to Gaara.

Sasuke starts attacking the dome. But it's like an iron armor. Nothing seem to break through it. Sasuke's leg starts to bleed from the spikes that appears when he tries to land a hit on the dome.

I can feel bloodlust emitting from inside the dome. It's really strong and suffocating. I clench my hands into a tight fist that's resting on my lap.

Gaara... please don't do anything reckless...

*to be continued*