the one where they meet

I was packing to move to move dorms. I had gotten a letter from the dean that I was moving to a new dorm room. I was happy to move. I had put in a request to move out. My roommate had gotten on my last nerve.

He had been moping about how I was gay and all this homophobic stuff. I finally got my request fulfilled to move. I was to move in on Saturday which was tomorrow and I was almost packed. One more night and then I'm out.

While I was packing, my friend Ten texted me,

Ten
what dorm room are you moving into?

Me
umm room 99

Ten
oh shit... umm that's mark's

Me
oh really?? are you sure?

Ten
yeah... he's going through a really rough time so... take care of him please. He's my baby.

Me
oh shit really?

Ten
yeah just be careful

Me
I will don't worry :)

Ten
here's his number, text him before you go over there. *insert number here* hopefully you two will be friends. i've been meaning to introduce you two for awhile now!

Me
thanks! and i will do my best to befriend him

I put my phone down and sighed. I wonder what was going on with him. I was slightly concerned for my new roommate.

Then my almost ex-roommate came in,

"You're still here?"

"Chill I'm moving out tomorrow."

"My new roommate is here already. Get out."

I was finished packing at this point so i sighed,

"Give me a minute."

Me
hey... is this mark lee?

Mark?
yes... who is this?

Me
I'm your new roommate, Lucas. I'm also ten's friend. he gave me your number?

Mark
oh okay! what's up?

Me
my roommate wants me to get out tonight instead of tomorrow... is it okay if I come now?

Mark
oh sure! I'm here now so just knock!

Me
okay I'll see you soon!

I grabbed my bags and left the dorm. I had to walk across the campus to get the other dorms. Once I made it I found his room and knocked on the door lightly. It was opened by a smaller boy. He was wearing a red Vancouver hoodie that was oversized, black shorts. His brown hair was a mess and his eyes were puffy and red. His nose tip was red, like he had been crying.

"Lucas right?"

I nodded,

"Yep! Mark I'm assuming?"