the one with their first christmas together

a/n: buckle in folks this ones long because i got carried away. Also i hate the fact that i wrote this in like january and am just now posting it in august. so merry christmas in august

Lucas

It was Christmas eve and we had just gotten done with our lunch date for our 9 month anniversary. We had decided to just go ahead and celebrate today instead of tomorrow since it was a holiday. But now we were back at our house getting stuff together to go over to Mark's brothers house.

I was currently looking for my Christmas present for Mark. I had picked it up about a week ago. It was a silver bracelet that I got customized. It had his initials on the ends at that barely touched. One part said M and the other said L. On the curve of it said: "天使" or my angel in mandarin. I knew it was cheesy but I thought it would be something special that'd he'd enjoy.

I found the neatly wrapped present and smiled. I put it in my backpack just as Mark said,

"Ready to go?"

I nodded and zipped up my backpack. I turned to face my excited looking boyfriend,

"Someone's excited."

He nodded,

"Yeah I am!"

He stood on his toes and kissed me softly,

"Okay let's go."

I walked to the door and he grabbed his coat off the back of our couch. He put it on and then put his bag on to his back. He grabbed his car keys and we walked out to our cars, getting into his. He started his car and shivered,

"It's so cold."

I pressed his seat warmer button, turning it on,

"See you have a new car now. You can press these fancy buttons and your ass warms up!"

He laughed and said,

"I'll agree with you that it was a good idea for me to get a new car. I'm very thankful that I got rid of my old piece of crap."

"The car isn't even new. It's 2017 model Kia optima."

"Still newer than what I had."

"True."

He laughed as he buckled up,

"Buckle up! We have to be there soon so we can decorate their tree and eat cookies."

"Cookies?"

"My brother, Johnny and I always make cookies for Christmas on Christmas eve and eat some the night before. It's awesome. But we normally do it with Johnny's mom."

I nodded and he put the car in reverse. Once we got onto the road, we drove off towards their house.

Once we arrived, I grabbed our bags and we went inside.

We walked into the kitchen and saw Taeyong standing on the kitchen island. He was yelling directions at Johnny while he was yelling back forms of "okay" and "like this?".

"JOHNNY SUH! STOP IT! YOU ARE GOING TO FALL!"

"I'M FINE BABE! STOP WORRYING!"

That's when we saw Johnny on a ladder hanging up Christmas lights around their stairs.

"Hyung?"

Mark said as he walked in behind me,

"What are you doing?"

"Oh! Hi guys! Umm... Your brother in law is trying to hang up lights in the stairs but he's using a ladder..."

He turned his head to look at his husband,