Married Five Times

Loretta was on a rightous drive, to live a life without (shacking)  Shackng was living with someone you are not married to by law. This was the word used in her day and time. The marrages was not out of love, they were just because. Some she was ok with and some she was not. toward the end of each one she would just walk away, and get a divorce, because they no longer fit into her life as a need for her to care for them. As far as an income they had to work on a job, or she was done. Loretta did not believe in taking care of a man.  She was very independant. Her first marriage was done by her father. She found out from her sister about divorces. She paid for them herself. The last divorce had cost to much, so she decided ,the last marriage, and last divorce.

  Her first husband was a poor provider, his morher had to pay rent, and buy groceries for her family. This man worked but took his money else where. He would drink everyday. The one thing she knew was she was not happy with him, she did not even like him. She had to put up with him until she learned better. Things were so bad she did not want him to touch her, and he had the nerve to say," I know you Love me, and you will never leave me".  Loretta let him be with whom ever, which meant she did not have to do for him. He really spread his love out to other women. Loretta was happy about that, Loretta at the time met five gay drag queens, and they taught her a lot, how to dress, how to put on make up, she really learned a lot. One of them asked her to loan her , her husband for the night, Loretta said, " go ahead, you can have him." Her husband was upset about that,  Loretta looked at him saying , "and" She felt that if he could try to send the landlord to her , she could give him to them.The only reason she was still there was because she did not have a way out. But when she found it, she left. The last time she saw him, she and her boyfriend that was killed was walking and he was sitting in a chair outside, called them over. Loretta's boyfriend said,' don't let him touch you, cause you see them sores on him, this ..... got syphilis". Loretta asked if they could just keep walking, so they did just that.  Loretta hated him for marrying her so young. She did have a chance to tell him he should be ashamed of himself.

  Loretta made a move to Cleveland, it was there she met her second husband. This was the shortest marrage her had. they mostly last between four to five years. It seemed to be her limit. This marriage was one year and a few months. He was a much older man then herself. He was to set in his ways, and was not for her. He and she decided to just go seperate ways and end this marriage.  She was not one to dwell very well with not being able to tell a man she really love them.  She was a good wife, cooking, cleaning, and making sure they were happy, it is just that word Love. Why do they ask, " do you love me?", the responses would be, Stop asking, I am showing you I care, that should be enough.

   Loretta's third marrage was very short also just not as short as her second. These men would present their best man foward at first. But then the boogie man inside them shows its front face, then Loretta began to think of how she could be rid of them. This man was working, and coming home good, She would fix his lunch, have breakfast with him, until her oldest sister came by, and told her she make good lunches. Loretta asked," what are you talking about. She said," when you fix your husbands lunch, he comes and hang out smoking weed, and drinking, and we eat his lunch". Loretta said, "oh ok I got you. She waited for him that night to come in and go to sleep. She took her house keys of his chain, so when he leaves in the morning he could not come back in. He left and she said," by have a good day", and she packed all of his things, put it on the front porch nice and neat. He came back that evening and couldn't find his key to get in. He started banging on the door. Loretta asked, what do you want? He said, you took my keys, Loretta said," I sure did take my keys back, your stuff is on the porch. Pick up your things and leave". He kicked the door with his foot. Loretta told him to go before she call the police. He did leave. When she returned home from work, he was sitting outside her house. She asked him what, he said," why". Loretta began to curse him out, and told him they were done and to take his ... ass on. He asked her," where is my wife, she never talked like that". Loretta said," She is gone". She went in the house and left him standing in the front.

 Loretta's fourth husband was a just few years older than she . She met him through her oldest sister, after returning home from being away one year. Her sister said, " I got this guy you should meet. He is a preacher, and  I like him, so I want you to meet. They made a date to meet him at a bar. Loretta should have thought about that for a minute, a preacher, at a bar. She went  They were having a good time, when one of her friends she had not seen in a while hugged her. Her date seemed a little upset about that. She did not know they knew each other until they started fighting. OMG. The preacher is in a fight at the bar. His eye was swollen, lips all busted, and Loretta felt sorry for him. He said he was sorry she had to see that. As they were driving this car came up behind they fast. He siad that that.... and said Im going to my house, you jump out and run to the back. Just as he pulled up Loretta ran, she heard gun shots as she was running. They were shooting at each other, yet no one was hit.She stayed at his house working on his face. She felt he needed her.  The people who lived downstairs was friends of Loretta, she sang with them sometimes.She sang Gospel all her life. They hooked up the instruments and  her husband played the guitar which she thought ok we may be able to do something. She enjoyed singing with them. He decided to just be a minister, and they would sing together. Loretta thought he was the one to keep. He fought in the Vietnam war, he had a good job, he was a minister, and he play the guitar, and sings. She was all good she liked him.