Chapter 6: Library

The classes of all subjects were already over so Lesley went to the library and did her Dittany potion essay along with Granger. The two were sitting face to face in the table beside the book shelf. There were too many students studying in the library. Some of them, fell asleep to their table.

Lesley was writing her essay with her quill pen, having a hard time to make it perfect, when she noticed Granger haven't started on his homework. He's just staring at his book doing nothing then Lesley snapped her two fingers to make him pay attention. "Hey! Are you going to do your homework or not?"

"Wh-what?" Granger cried as he recalled her question and paid attention to her. "I'm going to do my potions homework later at the common room."

"Why don't you just do it right now? You're doing nothing anyway and don't you dare copy your homework from others." Lesley said with a frown as she continued doing her essay.

"I didn't copy someone else's homework," he said with a naughty tone. "Unless you caught me changing a bit of the statements using their homework."

Lesley frowned and she slapped his shoulder with her book with such force that made Granger shout a bit. Everyone made a "shh" sound directed to them. Granger looked at her with hurt written all over his face. "Sorry, I'm just kidding Les," he said as he held his shoulder with his hand. 

"Whatever," she sighed. Suddenly there's a Hufflepuff boy coming close to them, holding his book and looking worried. He came close as he panted, trying to catch his breath. "Sis! Lucky you're here. I need your help with my homework," her brother Harley said as he sat beside his sister and grabbed his homework.

"What's the homework about?" Lesley asked.

"Homework about the two spells named Lumos and Nox. D.A.D.A Professor Roger gave us a background paragraph about these two spells." Harley cried then Granger laughed at something that came to his mind. The Vance siblings noticed him laughing, "Can you please be quiet ? we're in the library."

"I realized that Lunox's name came from these spells. LUmos and NOX. LUNOX."

Harley tried not to laugh and Lesley gave him an annoyed look. She slapped him again with a book, but this time in his face and he stopped.

"Don't insult our Ravenclaw friend," she scolded.

"Geez, you don't have much sense of humor," then Lesley continued to look at her brother's homework. She almost finished writing her essay. Once she's done, she could help her brother with his D.A.D.A homework. She realized that she needed to find a book of spells in the library shelf for reference so she got up from her chair and told Harley to stay with Granger. 

"Wait for me here. I need to find a Book of Spells." she said and she went to the book shelf, searching one by one.

While she searched, she noticed Gusion Paxley got up from his table and his friends, Claude and Ling remained sitting, laughing and talking to each other. Their female friend Hanabi was not present, she's busy with something else. He was also searching for a book he needed. He walked pass Lesley who continued to search a book and hid herself from him, yet Gusion didn't notice her.

After searching and searching, she finally found a Book of Spells she needed for Harley's homework, which was located in the middle of the right corner book shelf. She almost took it but suddenly, someone took it first. She looked at the wizard who took her book and she shook.

"Oh hey Vance, I didn't know you were here too. What a coincidence," Gusion said with a despiteful tone. Both him and Lesley needed the Book of Spells for the homework. Lesley felt something strange within herself and took a deep breath.

She asked him, "Paxley, may I ask you to give that Book to me? I need that for my brother's homework." Her voice was full of irritation.

Gusion smirked at her,  "OoooOoooHhhhhHhh.~~~ are you gonna help your Pureblood brother, Mudblood?~~"  he said. Lesley got enraged at him.

"Give me that Book Paxley!" she begged. She needed to stay strong after Gusion called her a 'Mudblood' again. Gusion gently walked closer to Lesley. She reversed herself, looking frightened as Gusion went closer to her face, still smiling. Lesley gulped and her heart beat fast. She closed her eyes as that happened.

"Oh sorry Vance, I got it first~" he teased then
Lesley pushed him back, He almost fell over as he tried to get the book from Gusion's hands. Lesley was having trouble getting it then Gusion grabbed her tie and pulled her closer to him. Lesley blushed like a tomato.

"Why don't you help me with my homework instead?~" he said with a flirty voice. "I'm struggling with it.~" Lesley felt nervous. Her heart beat fast and she felt butterflies in her tummy. She needed to think how to act and then she punched his face. She got her wand from her robe and pointed to the book.

"ACCIO BOOK!" 

The book from Gusion's hand went straight to Lesley's and she gave him a disgusted look. Gusion fell to the floor and he saw The book from Gusion's hand went straight to Lesley's and she gave him a disgusted look. Gusion fell to the floor and he saw her got the Book of Spells. Lesley kept her wand to her robe and she held the book with two hands.

"Helping you with your homework? In your dreams Paxley! Go find your fiance and ask her to help you with your homework." she said, feeling annoyed. "And stay away from my face or she will hear about this."

She walked out and Gusion stood up, tried to say something but failed. His heart beats fast whenever he and Lesley meets. Since Year one, he had feelings for Lesley but it can't be destined because his family doesn't like muggles and he mistaken she's a Pureblood.

Lesley stood behind a shelf near where it happened. She felt anxious and the butterflies in her tummy were getting wild and ticklish. She also was sweating because she was nervous but knew that she can do it. She took a deep breath and went back to the table.

Gusion also has an arranged marriage with Guinevere so he didn't know how to take Les. But in fact, he didn't love the Ravenclaw witch.

Gusion knew there's another copy of the Book of Spells so he went to search for it. When he located it, he went back to the table dropping a book in it and he sat back to his chair.

Once Lesley went back to the table with the Book of Spells, she recalled her and Gusion a while ago. Unconciously, she had feelings for Gusion since Year one too but she ignored it due to his mean attitude. Her heart beat faster remembering as Gusion's malicious yet handsome face came closer to her face. She kept drooling then Granger and Harley noticed her.

"Sis are you ok?" Harley asked.

"You think so deep Les." Granger added. Then Lesley got her presence of mind and went back to the topic.

"Ah yes. I'm fine. I'm just thinking about my classes for the next several days." she lied then she stopped thinking about Gusion and started helping with Harley's homework.

"We need to find a page where Lumos and Nox is- there!" Lesley said while she scanned a book then turned it to the page. Harley felt enlightened after his sister helped him. He always get crams when it comes to homework even though it's simple to make it. "Thanks for your help sis! You know everything in all Hogwarts subjects."

"Not everything, Harls. Some of it I don't know." Lesley said, smiling while looking at Granger.

Meanwhile at the table of the Slytherin gang, Gusion kept quiet while doing his homework. Ling noticed him and sat beside him. "You ok bud?" he asked. Claude was staring at the two while doing his homework.

"Yeah I'm ok Finch." he said, still thinking about Lesley. The sunset in Hogwarts lake showed itself in the window of a library, meaning it's already starting to get darker. Later, the librarian informed the students that the library will close early so everyone got out of the library and went to the Great Hall for dinner. Professor Alice informed for the last time that everyone must go to the common room after dinner as early as he or she can when it gets darker.

Words total: 1446 words.
Hope you like the first Gusley interactions UwU stay tuned.^^