Chapter 40: Strange Behavior

The entire Christmas break is finally over and today is the resumption of classes at Hogwarts. Those who went home for the break are now back at school, and all students are dressed in their uniforms and Hogwarts robes, this includes Harley Vance and Lunox Harmony.

Looks like everything went back to reality. They are all walking through the corridor while they are waiting for their class. Lesley Vance is there too, together with Granger Chanter beside her. Lesley is holding a few books with her both arms while Granger is carrying his bag using her right arm. It is still snowy outside the school, so earlier Professor Alice instructed the students to refrain from going outside of Hogwarts during these remaining school days.

"Can't believe that time flies so fast," Lunox said to her friends.

"I know, it's like it's only been a day after the Noel Wizarding Ball happened," Granger added.

With his statement, Lesley looks down to the floor while walking. She still remembers what happened before and she had the note sent by Gusion in her bag. She has decided to tell him that she can't reply to him during the Christmas break because she didn't know what to say. What happened to Gusion right now? She thinks. Harley notices his big sister staring at her.

"Hey big sis," Harley called. He is in front of Lesley so he looks back. "Are you alright? It seems that you are deep in thought."

"H-huh?!?" Lesley snapped back to reality. "Um yeah. I'm fine Harley, I'm just thinking about my class." She answered. She tried her best that her answer does not come out suspicious to him.

"What subject are we going to take right now? My mind is not present enough." Lesley asked Granger.

"Charms by Professor Diggie, I know," Granger answered, then he looked through the corridor again.

Lesley sighs then she sneakily opens the cover of the Charms book, without knowing any of them. Gusion's letter for her was placed on the first page of the book. She feels sad when she looks at the letter again. She becomes even more worried about him. What if his fianceé, Guinevere Baroque, did something to him? She doesn't know if she could talk to Gusion even more sneakily because she feels from her nerves that Guinevere tightened up the security guarding Gusion. Her brother, Harley, does not know what happened to them at the Noel Wizarding Ball last time, only her friends know what happened and it's not the right time to tell him. Fortunately, today there are no more students staring at Lesley. Probably they forgot about it, or they just keep the issue to themselves.

A few minutes later, they arrive at the door of their respective classrooms. Harley gestures to them that he must go to the Transfiguration classroom because that is the subject he will be taking today. He waves goodbye to his sister and proceeds to walk to the classroom as his friend Nana Feline passes by him. On the other hand, Lesley, Granger, and Lunox continue to walk until they reach the Charms classroom. They enter and they see Professor Diggie there in the middle. Lesley and Granger both occupied the two vacant seats on the right side, while Lunox occupied the only vacant seat on the left side. Once they are all seated, Lesley watches her Ravenclaw friend and she suddenly notices Gusion Paxley is seated next to Lunox. Just like Lesley, no one is staring at him anymore. Gusion seems serious today in class, and he does not give any gesture of ‘hello’ sneakily to Lesley, unlike last year. His fianceé, Guinevere Baroque, is seated behind him and his Slytherin friends are seated next to them, except Claude Bullet since he sat on the first table on the right side. Lesley is used to Gusion gesturing something to her sneakily but she ignores it right now by waiting for Professor Diggie to discuss their lecture for today. There is something different about him.

One minute later, the Charms class began. Professor Diggie taps his wand on a surface for the students to pay attention. Diggie clears his throat then smiles at his students.