maybe things are gonna be okay

~Anthony's pov~
Olivia left about four hours ago, parker and I are still hanging out when my door flys open. Maya.

She flops onto my bed, next to me. "Hello" she kisses my cheek. "What are you doing here?" I ask.  "You went Answering your phone" "I'm busy" I motioned to parker.

He does nothing, only gives an awkward smile. "Well now you can hang out with me" she took my controller. "Maya-" "relax dude, I'm just having fun" she tosses the controller into my lap.

I've thought of how to get out of this with put her hurting herself. I came up with the idea maybe if I treated her badly maybe she'd end things. That lasted about an hour, till I felt guilty.

She makes me emotionally exhausted. Just her being here stresses me out. "I guess I should probably head out" parker gets up. "Yeah I guess you probably should" maya smiles before putting her head on my shoulder.

I shrug her off. "I'll walk you to your car" "I'll co-"maya stands "please dont" I look her in the eyes "what ever" she rolled her eyes a d dat back down. .

It was quiet the whole walk till his car. "Are you okay dude?" Parker asks. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I lie. "You and maya just seemed alittle tense up there" "she doesnt like it when I hang out with other people" "what?"

"Oh- I mean she doesnt care cause your a guy but I didnt answer my phone so she must be mad at me." "Dude are you sure you're good?" "Of course" "you know you can talk to me right? About anything" be puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, man" I shrug. "Its just...  complicated" "okay" he caves. "I'll text you or something" "cool" I nod.

When i get back to my room mayas laying on her stomach, facing the other direction, sobbing. I walk over to the side shes facing. She doesnt look up. I kneel so out faces are level. "You good?"

"No" she mumbles. I motion for her to sit up and she does. I lay down and she puts her head on my chest. Shes a terrible person but maybe if I can get her to open up she won't be so cruel.

"I cant believe you chose him over me" "I didnt choose anyone" "you could have stayed here with me, but instead you just had to walk his to his car" "hes my friend, I was saying good bye" I scoff.

" You never text me first and you always try to make excuses to not hang out" "maya-" "is there another bitch? Are you gay for parker?" She sits up.

"What? No. I'm straight and parkers dating olivia" "so there is another girl"  "theres no one else. I love you remember" I sit up.

"Do you wanna be with me?" She looked at me like she was disgusted. I didnt know how to answer. We sat there in silence. "I'm sorr-" I cringe. She slaps me.

"Stop slapping me" i hold her wrist. she slaps me everytime I mention anything about not wanting to be with her or anytime I fuck something up.

"Let go of me asshole" I do, I'm not trying to restrain her. "I guess today the day" she sighed before getting up. "For what?" I ask as she slips he shoes on.

"My mom just refilled my xanax prescription" she said will put facing me. Threating an overdose? I get up quickly. I hug her from behind. "Please dont" I mumble into her neck.

"Why shouldn't i?" "Maya I love you" I say seriously before kissing her neck. This would be a totally diffrent situation if this was anyone else. All maya needs is to know I love her, that's the only reason why she says shit like this.

She turns around smiling "I love you too" she kisses me. She reaches for the hem of my shirt. I pull away. "Can we not?" I ask. "Are you not attracted to me anymore?"