Chapter 6

A/N Sorry I'm awful at updating but i'm busy with school and stuff but thanks for 500 reads wow!

*Ashton's POV* (suprise)

I woke up the next day to see a text message on my phone from last night.

Lukey: Night ASH

I chuckled and stood up, groaning as I put on my Nirvana shirt, black skinny jeans, a grey beanie and my black converse. I ran a hand through my curly mess of hair. I put my contacts in and went downstairs.

Walking out of the front door with a banana in my hand, I said bye to my mom and hopped in my car, starting it. I plugged in my phone and played "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day, probably my third favorite Green Day song.

I pulled out of my driveway and drove a little ways until I pulled up infront of Michael's house, honking my horn to tell him that i was there, he walked out with his phone in his hand and sat in shotgun next to me.

"Hey Ashton." He said to me, still staring at his phone.

"What are 'ya doin'? Texting Emelina?" I asked with a sigh and he nodded, I rolled my eyes.

"I still can't believe you're dating her."

He glared at me but asked me why, even though he knew the answer.

"She's a slut, man, you know that. You've heard the stuff they say about her. She has sex like, everyday. And you know you've heard the things about what she's done in the sack."

Michael smirked, obviously not caring that she was gonna end up hurting him.

I pulled out of Mikey's driveway and drove to school, listening to my music. Occasionally, Michael would laugh or snort at something that, probably, Emelina said and I would just groan.

When we got to school, Mike finally put his phone in his pocket and we both started walking to school without saying a word. It wasn't an awkward silence though, it was a bit comforting. Since we were younger, we've always shared the same hate for school that most teenagers do.

Opening my locker, I looked to my left and saw Michael and Emelina exchanging spit. Completely gross. And, looking over to the right more I could see that Luke Hemmings didn't enjoy the sigh either and I smiled at the face he was making.

-

My pencil's hit the table fast as I immiated playing the drums to Still into You by Paramore, hearing the actual song blasting in my ears through my headphones.

I kept doing this until i saw a tall, blond boy sit down in front of me, so I took one headphone out of my ear and said 'hi.'

"Paramore?" He questioned, pointing to my headphone that he could probably hear the music coming out of. I nodded. "Hm, well I've been writing some music, this is a free period for you, right?"

"Yeah." I responded.

"Okay, come with me." He stood up and grabbed my hand, walking fast and pulling my through the school until we were, yet again, on the stage of the auditorium.

I asked him why we were here but he ignored my question and grabbed an acoustic guitar, sitting in the middle on the stage.

"Okay, I've been working on 3 songs. I'm gonna play you my favorite," He cleared his throat, "It's called Try Hard."

"He's-" He shook his head. "Sorry."

She's dropping out of school 'cause she don't need the grades,
The colors in her hair don't seem to fade,
I get dressed up when I go out, but she gets dressed down
She's 17 I've told her I'm 20,
I couldn't take her out 'cause Mum's got no money,
It's stuff like this that makes me wish that I could change somehow
Sitting here at home, it's obvious

She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again

She's got a rose tattoo but she keeps it covered,
I play guitar but she's into drummers,
She's seen my face around but she doesn't even know my name
I pierced my lip so she thinks I'm cool,
I ripped my jeans and dropped out of school,
I followed her 'round the town but she thinks that I'm a weirdo now
Sitting here at home, it's obvious

She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again

But now, who knew?
She's in the crowd of my show
Nothing to lose,
She's standing right in the front row
The perfect view,
She came alone on her own,
And there's something that you should know

You're so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause you make me feel, you make me feel,
Yeah she makes me feel, she makes me feel
It's obvious

She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again
'Cause I'm trying too hard again

By the time it was over, Luke was staring at me, right into my eyes, but he wasn't looking for approval, it was more like admiriation, or something, and I stared back with the same thoughts.

"I love the song." I said slowly.

He looked like a deer in headlights. The younger boy ran to put his guitar away and without a word, bolted off of the stage and out of sight.

~

A/N I want to apologize for the last chapter too btw, I did on mobile quick lol.