Chp.39

Jada

"Girl are you sure they gone be happy about this"mia asked me as we waited for jay and Kayla to meet us at the restaurant

"I don't know if they gone be happy about it but they will get over it...eventually"I said sipping on my tea.

"Jada I don't know about thi- "hey bff-what the fuck she doing her" jay said walking up to the table when he saw mia sitting next to me.

I sighed "jay she is here with me now calm down"I said and he looked at me with a skeptical look "mmmm"he just sat down in front of us looking at her.

5 minutes later Kayla walked in and she had the same reaction as jay did when they saw mia.

"I will just leave Jada I knew this wasn't a good idea"mia said picking her purse up getting ready to leave "what no I wanted you here so your going to stay"I said and she sighed and sat back down.

"So when did y'all start back being cool"Kayla asked us and I looked at mia and she nodded her head allowing me to tell them what happened.

After I told them the story and where we at right now they understood more and they let their guard down a little bit ,but it was still up.

"I'm sorry to hear about that mia"Kayla said and mia nodded her head keeping it down "me too mia even though I'm not feeling you right now"jay said and I chuckled.

"Why would you think that we was talking about you behind yo back we literally were all cool"Kayla said.

"I don't know jada just stop communicating with me making me think that what they was saying was true I should've just came and talked to y'all about it"she said.

"Pick your head up mia we still here for you ,there is no need to be ashamed we've all made mistakes"jay said and I nodded my head agreeing with him.

"Ok thank y'all...for expecting me back I'm truly am sorry for what i did to our friendship"mia said. "It's okay we forgive you just don't be on no fake shit again" jay said.

The rest of the lunch we chilled and catch up on what's been going on in each other's life's.

When we was done I left and headed home where lani and Izzy was at.while I was in the car homebody by Lil Durk started playing.

My music was cut off with Izzy calling my phone. I answered unsure of what he could've been calling me about "hello"I said waiting for him to say something "hey jada I need you to come to the hospital"I heard in his voice that he was scared.

"Wait -what -what's wrong is lani okay"I asked him getting scared and turning around going towards the hospital.

"Yes it's Daniela jada"he said and my heart dropped to my ass.the line went quite and I tried to wrap my mind around how much this was going to effect lani.

"I'm on my way"I said hanging up. I didn't want lani to see whatever was going on. I just kept praying that she was okay.

Once I reached the hospital I found Izzy with a crying lani "what's wrong baby"I said when she ran to me and hugged me "my mommy sh-she gone"she broke into to tears in my arms.

A tear fell from my eye as I saw my tink heart broken. I know how it feels to lose a parent and I feel for her.

Izzy came up to us and wrapped his arms around us and that's when I just started balling "what happened"I asked him with my head into his chest while lani was still hugging on my legs.

"The doctor said she had cancer"he said and I heard his voice crack "awww I'm sorry Izzy I'm here for you and lani babe"
I hugged him back and I let go and pulled lani to me.

"Lani I want you to listen to me babygirl i know this is very hard for you and I know that your scared baby but I will never let anything happened to you or your little sister okay I love you so much and I know your mama love you too baby okay don't forget that...she is always with you"I said she nodded her head still crying.

I kissed her forehead and hugged her tight. "I miss my mommy jada"she said into my chest "I know baby we all miss her"I said.

I looked up and I saw Izzy standing by the window in a daze. I could tell this was eating him up, Izzy is the type of person who blames themselves for everything.

I was not expecting this today.

Later on that night

Me and lani laid in me and Izzy bed while Izzy was out doing lord knows what. He hasn't been the same and I'm not bothering him about it cause he just lost his first love and the mother of his first child.

I know he had a lot going through his head and I don't want to put anymore stress on him so I decided that I was going to make sure lani was straight.

"Jada"I heard lani little voice, she doing better she misses her mommy but I told her that she was in a better place and that she will always be with her no matter what.

"Yes babygirl"I played with her hair while she played with my phone "dose this mean that you are my new mommy"I stopped playing with her hair when she said that. "I-Umm well in some way yes lani I will treat you the way a mommy is supposed to but I want you to never forget your mommy though okay"she nodded her head and I smiled.

"I miss my daddy where is he"lani said and my smile drop "he's going through some things right now lani he will be back in the morning"I said tickling her getting a giggle out of her.

"Ok jada stop"she said pushing my hand away. "Okay I will stop now let's lay down we had a rough day today didn't we"I said and she nodded her head putting my phone down "yes we need to get our beauty rest jada"she said and I chuckled.

"Yes we do sister girl come on"we got under the covers and we laid on Izzy side of the bed falling asleep.