7/13/2014 - Sunday - 11:51 AM (7/12/2014 - Saturday - 10:51 PM

So.... yesterday I went to the karaoke place with my mom's friends. One of my mom's friends brought her kids with her... a boy one year older than me and a girl a year younger than me. I was pretty surprised when I saw them, since the last time I saw them was 4 years ago, the summer after 4th grade ended. So the boy was in 6th grade, me in 5th, and the girl in 4th. 

The guy is actually not bad looking... especially for a Japanese person. He's an otaku... aka anime lover. I have a bunch of friends from my American school who are otakus. And apparently he's a good singer... but he was too embarrassed to sing in front of everyone...

They changed so much. The guy is a LOT taller, like 176 cm (his mom said so), 5' 7" in feet and inches. And I'm standing there feeling really short with my measly height of 5' 2". Even the girl is taller than me and I'm a year older than her! Haha I just remembered when I went over to the elementary school with National Junior Honor Society and talked to the 6th graders about coming to the middle school, and half the 6th graders were taller than me. I was still like, 4' 8" when I was in 6th grade, what the crap happened? Did the 6th graders take steroids or something?

Anyway we had my sister photographed a few days ago at this really cool picture studio that my family always goes for pictures. We had to take pictures for the 7 5 3. I'm not exactly sure what that is myself, but it's some celebration that has parents making their kids wear traditional Japanese clothing and taking pictures. I had mine done when I was little, and of course, I looked adorable. They even put me front and center on their advertisement flyers because I was so adorable. Emphasis on the WAS. Haha. I'll be taking pictures for my 20th birthday celebration. Another Japanese tradition. I think the adult age here is 20, which is why we take pictures on people's 20th birthdays.

We're going to tour Osaka with friends from Japanese school tomorrow. Can't wait because we're going to be eating a lot of FOOOOOOD. Food is life. Life is food. I must go now, before I start ranting about food.