Falling in Love is Natural

I remember last night when Lena invite me to her apartment to have a drink with her friends. I remember sitting close together with our knees touching and laughing at something that other people will never get. Out of nowhere, Lena said, "No matter what, you're not allowed to fall in love with me." She smiled feeling a little bit tipsy by the wine she is drinking. I gave her a small smile and replied, "Won't be a problem Luthor." I look away from Lena's beautiful eyes.

I remember going home thinking about Lena just said "well... shit", I mumbled and sigh.

After that night, I'm in front of Lena's office door because Alex told me to fight for the adorable Luthor.

Then I see Lena opening the door with a smile on her face, "Well, (Your Name) are you going to come in or stand here and look pretty?"

I smiled, "I am capable to come in, Luthor."

Lena chuckled and went behind her white expensive white desk, "I'm happy to see you but is there something wrong or need?"

I walk in front of Lena's desk and she gestured me to sit down and I sat down to give my legs a break. I let out a worried breath, "I want to talk about what you said last night."

Lena raised an eyebrow and lead back on her chair, "I only told you the truth, (Your Name)."

I walked to Lena and I turned her chair to make her face me, "I know you did but I'm falling for you Lena like hard."

Lena put her hands on my face with her soft hand and let out a breath, "I want to tell you something. I know that it's impossible to not fall in love with someone who told you not to fall in love with them. Falling in love is natural, I get that. You deserve to be happy with someone who makes you feel safe and will not take a lot of effort to be yourself with. Sometimes, I feel I don't deserve to be loved. I know that's stupid to think about it like that. I know you will scream at me and tell me how much you love me. I know, you love me but the problem is I don't deserve to be loved by you. You deserve more than a broken girl who can't love. You need someone to give you the same love back. I don't want to be a burden on your shoulder. You need someone who will lend you a shoulder. You deserve more than me. I don't know how much you mean to me but you are the only person who truly loves me. I wish I could break my walls down for you but I know I will get hurt again. I have been hurt so much that I can't drink my problems away and feel the fire in my throat. I am so used to it, I just want to run in your arms and started crying and tell you how much pain I am. I can't do that because I am numb to this pain I am in. (Your Name), you deserve the world. I only can give you my support and my friendship. Go find that someone."

Tears started going down my face and I can't handle being hurt. I walked out of Lena's office as I walked out of her life.

It has been 3 years and I still remember it like yesterday...

Prompts to Janafo28