Normal again

Colby's pov:

They all smile and are happy. I can't ruin that. Not now. Soon.

"OMG Colby!!" Sam screams and jump up and gives me a hug. I hug him back of course. "Are you ready to go home?"
"Yeah.. I asked the doctor not to tell you I was awake and stuff.. I wanted to surprise you." I say.

Now I only have to go and tell Sam. How will he react? What will he say? If I just had told him, this would never have happened. Now I have two things to tell him. The others one thing.. no more secrets! That's a difficult one to follow.. we all go to the cars and find seats. I picked the same car as Sam. We get in and as I am about to open my mouth he stops me.

"Don't! Every time you are going to tell me something bad has happened... wait a week. Please.?" He says and asks.
"Yeah... of course.." I say and smile.

Knowing it will be a hard week for me.

We get home and people are silent.

"Why so quiet?" I ask.
"Your life was on the line Colby. Of course we are quiet." Elton says.
"Well I am alive so aren't you guys happy for that?" I ask.
"I am very happy for that! We all are! Just let's get back to normal.!" Brennen says.
"That sounds amazing!" Sam says as he falls down on the couch.
"Yeah normal is what I need." I say and sit down on the beanbag.

We get together in the living room. Putting on a movie and finding some snacks. I look around. At my friends. The family I have chosen to be with. But if it is like that... why is it so easy for me to not tell them something important? I don't really get that.. it's weird for me. But this time it's a little different.. now it's hard for me to tell all of them... not only Sam!