Chapter Thirty Nine

Warning: Some content may not be suitable for some people.

Kyung Mi's POV

Kai carried me to the bed before setting me down on it a fire burning in his chocolate brown eyes filled desire and lust. I watched as Kai unbuttoned his pants before slipping them discarding them in the room. I slipped my shirt off with the help of Kai our eyes meeting. Kai discarded my shirt eyeing me up and down. He gently pushed me down onto the mattress before trailing his fingers down my body leaving trails of fire in its wake. He trailed his finger along my underwear giving it a slight tug. The fire kept burning inside of me building up until I could no longer take that Kai was teasing me a smirk coming to his lips. "I want to go all the way with you". I said as I felt Kai leave kisses on my neck possibly leaving love bites but I didn't care.

"It's going to hurt, but I'll go easy. If it becomes too painful tell me to stop and I will". Kai warned me as he looked at me worriedly. I nodded. "I will, but I really want to do this with you". My tone was steady considering how nervous I was. This was a big step in our relationship one I was willing to take. Kai nodded. I could feel my underwear being slipped off before I felt him fingering me.

I gripped onto Kai's skin my fingernails digging into his skin as the thrusts because faster and harder earning a groan to escape past his lips. "Almost their just a bit more". Kai spoke over my muffled moans. I tried being quiet as to not disturb our neighbors since the walls were thin. But I couldn't help but let a moan of pleasure slip out. I felt Kai collapse beside me as we both reached our climax both of us breathless our heavy breathing filling the air.

"That w-was magical". I whispered. Kai hummed  beside me before wrapping me in his arms our sweaty bodies meshing together. "I hope I wasn't too hard on you". Kai whispered in my ear. I turned to face him intertwining our legs together. "You didn't hurt me. I'm not that fragile". I whispered tiredly. "But you're my fragile flower and I can't stand to see you hurt".  I heard through the darkness that was soon to consume me. "I love you Kim Kai". I whispered my eyes getting heavy. I felt Kai kiss me on the forehead a chuckle escaping his lips. "I love you too So Kyung Mi".

We both fell asleep sweaty bodies clashing together and tangled bed sheets.

. . .

I awoke to the sun shining on my face blinding me the sun coming through the curtains. I looked beside me to see that Kai was peacefully sleeping beside me. Even in his sleep he is still just as cute. As I sat up I winced in pain as a shot of pain struck me. Remembering last nights events a blush came to my cheeks. I thought I had dreamt the whole thing. Beside me Kai groaned before slowly opening his eyes. "Good morning". I chirped.

Kai looked over at me his groggy state nearly vanishing. "Morning". Kai yawned stretching. As the sun rays hit him just right I could see the scars that adorned his beautiful skin. The were so many but the bullet  wound struck out the most as it looked raised and uneven. Upon sensing my look he immediately grabbed his shirt from the floor slipping it on. "Um, I'll go make us some breakfast. What would you want?" Kai asked avoiding eye contact as he grabbed some sweats. It was the first time I'd ever seen him with his shirt off.

"I'm sorry Kai I didn't mean to stare". I apologized feeling truly guilty that I looked. "No, need to apologize. It's my fault you seen them". Kai said as he sat down at the edge of the bed. I wrapped the sheets around me before sitting beside him. "I think your scars are beautiful. It shows that you survived each and every one of them and that you lived. Scars or no scars I still love you. It doesn't make me see you differently. I see you for you Kai, not the guy with a black heart". What I said was the truth. I didn't think of him differently. He was the same Kai that I feel in love with back in high school.

"You never did answer my question. What would you want for breakfast?" Kai asked his voice quieter than usual. I bit my lip sensing that he was still mad. "Pancakes is fine with me". I said while looking at my engagement ring the diamonds reflecting in the sun. I watched as Kai stood up his face harder than stone. I stood up wrapping the covers around me, but winced as pain struck me as I walked.

Guilt washed over Kai's face as he looked down at me. "I'm sorry that I was a little rough on you. I feel bad that I hurt you". Kai said standing in the doorway. "It's fine  I'm not that hurt, it's part of the whole experience. Besides I'll be fine in a day or two". I reassured him by giving him my best smile. Kai looked me up  and down guilt still evident in his beautiful features. "Go take a hot bath it will help ease the pain. You can do that while I make us breakfast". Kai said as he ducked out of the room.

Guilt riddled through me as I felt like I ruined our special moment. I ran a hand through my hair sighing.

Way to ruin the moment Kyung Mi. I thought as I ran the water.

That concludes the end of chapter thirty nine of Red Heart. I want to thank everyone for reading and supporting this book since the beginning. It truly means the world that some of you are liking it. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Don't forget to stay awesome and until next time ✌️