Chapter Forty One

*Seven weeks later*

Kyung Mi's POV

I stirred in my sleep when I felt a wave of nausea wash over me. I looked beside me to see that Kai was asleep his arms wrapped tightly around me. While I had carefully sat up in bed as to not wake up Kai, I could feel the bile rising in the back of my throat. I gently took Kai's arm off me before bolting to the bathroom. As I emptied the contents in my stomach I felt Kai hold my hair back as I threw up. He rubbed my back soothingly which calmed me down some. After I was done I flushed the toilet, my energy completely drained now. I leaned against Kai closing my eyes. "Are you okay Kyung Mi?" Kai asked worriedly as I felt his beating heart against my ear. Listening to his steady heart beat soothed me, when once I thought I was going to lose him.

"I'm okay, just really exhausted now. I don't know why I feel sick". I weakly let out as I felt physically drained. "I'll go get you some water. Perhaps you got in touch with a virus. I'll be right back". I watched as Kai left the cramped bathroom, the coolness of the tiled floor cooling down my hot body. Perhaps I didn't have an illness maybe it was food poisoning when I ate that shrimp that tasted off. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard feet coming closer to the bathroom. Kai's figure kneeled in front of me a worried look in his eyes.

"Here's some water. It'll help with the nausea". Kai handed me the glass of water which I gladly took. "Thanks Kai". I swished the liquid around in my mouth before spitting it out in the sink. I grabbed the toothbrush before brushing my teeth to get the bile taste out. While I brushed my teeth I could feel eyes on me. I looked up at the mirror seeing Kai looking at me worriedly. "Kai, I'm fine now I feel a little better not as nauseous". I reassured him as I dried my mouth.

I did feel a little better, but still my stomach felt rocky. "I just worry since it's the first time I seen you sick. Come on let's lie in bed for a little while longer". Suddenly Kai picked me up bridal style carrying me towards our room. "I have legs you know". I said as I could feel myself blushing. "I know, but you need to save your strength. Besides I worry about you". Kai said as he lied me down on the mattress. Together we lied in the bed his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"But Kai If I'm sick I can be contagious". I said as I noticed our close proximity. Even though I didn't mind being close I feared I would get him sick. "I don't mind getting sick. As long as I can make sure you're okay I'm happy". He replied closing his eyes. I let out a smile as I looked at how cute his morning hair was as the morning sun shined on him. It spread a light around him that made him look like an angel. Kai is definitely my angel the one who's heart is connected with mine. "But what about the guys? Aren't you supposed to go out and check out your competitors from the competition?" I asked as I knew this meant a lot to the guys.

Kai opened his eyes looking at me. "They can wait a while. Besides the contest isn't for a few weeks and today we were just going to check out the competition, but I want to take care of you firstly because you come first. I don't want to leave you alone when you're ill". Kai reasoned.

"If I feel better by the time you have to get ready you may go if you want. But I want you to know that I'm not going to get in your way of your dream. You worked hard for it and I know this dance competition holds a special meaning". I knew this was special for Kai and his friends but I didn't want to stand in the way of their dreams.

"You won't get in my way of my dream. It's just one competition and then our lives go back to normal. But you come first. I want my future wife to be healthy. You are my everything". Kai took his hand and grabbed mine and guided my hand to his chest. Underneath my palm I could feel his steady heart beat. "As long as I live I will always put you first until my heart stops beating". The look in his eyes I knew he was serious my heart racing. "I love you Kim Kai until my heart stops beating". I whispered looking into his eyes which I found so mesmerizing.

He rested his head against mine to which calmed me down as I breathed in his scent. "Get some rest Kyung Mi. I'll be here when you wake up". Kai whispered as my eyes grew heavier. "Thank you Kai for being there and for not leaving me". I whispered already drifting off. "I'll always be here". I heard before I drifted off into the darkness.

. . .

I awoke to hear noises in the room hearing drawers closing. As I opened my eyes I saw Kai shirtless scars littering his back. Some were raised and some were pale looking. He slipped a shirt on before looking my way. "Hey, you're awake. How are you feeling now?" Kai asked sitting on the bed. I sat up happy that I wasn't sick this time. "Groggy but I feel a lot better. When do you have to leave?" I asked looking at the time. Kai looked at his watch before glancing my way. "I leave in an hour. If you feel better you can tag along". He suggested. I nodded wanting to tag along.

"I'll go I just have to get ready". As I was about to get up Kai suddenly grabbed onto my wrist stopping me. I looked at him confused before he suddenly leaned in. "Not without a good morning kiss". Kai said leaning in a little closer. I put my hand in front of his face stopping him. "But I might be contagious Kai and I don't want to get you sick". I said as I would feel guilty if he got ill because of me. A sly smirk came to Kai's face one I never seen before. "What are you going to do about it Kyung Mi?". Kai said leaning closer grabbing onto my wrist causing my back to hit the mattress our faces inches apart. "If you get sick I don't want you to complain to me if death warns over you". I insisted. "If I get sick it'll be what it will be".

Kai leaned in our lips pressing against one another our lips moving in sync. I could feel the weight being lifted off of me as Kai pulled away. "Perhaps the kiss will make you feel better". He said as he walked out of the room leaving me speechless.

Firstly I want to apologize for not updating for a while. I was dealing with some issues in my life and needed to take a break. I hope this update will fulfill that gap of not updating. I appreciate you all for being patient. That concludes the end of chapter forty one of Red Heart. What was your favorite part? What do you think will happen next? Any guesses? Thank you all for reading and supporting this book. It truly means a lot. Don't forget to vote and comment. Feedback is appreciated.

Don't forget to stay awesome and until next time ✌️