Chapter seven: On the road

After two days of walking, Vi estimated that they made half of the way. The rumors said that this dark sorcerer built a tower in a small peninsula near of the Iztoros kingdom.

It was getting dark, so they decided to settle down for the night. They found a small cave to hide in. It was dark in it, but Maya found out that she could create a small sphere of light the first night they slept outside. She was scared in the dark and she really hoped to be able to see a bit more and the sphere appeared in her hands at that moment.

They tied Phantom outside of the cave, on a tree near a small river and they went in.

''I don't think it is a good idea to sleep in there'' Lee told the others. ''What if there is some wild creatures living in it?''

''... I didn't think about that... Maybe we should go back out!'' Vi agreed.

''Don't be scared girls, I'm here!'' Lou shouted  ''I will protect you! And just look around, you can see that there is nothing in here!''

''There is still dark spots... Can you make your sphere bigger M?''

''I can try!''

She focused on the sphere and it grew bigger! She was so happy that it was working! But the happiness faded away fast when she saw four big yellow eyes glowing. She gasped and pointed at them, making the three others turn around. At this moment, everything went really fast. Lee grabbed Maya and put her behind her, Vivianne summoned her chains and trapped one of the beast but the second one jumped just in time to not get caught.

''GET THIS ONE OUT, I WILL DISTRACT THE OTHER!'' Lou screamed at Vi has she was unseathing her sword, ready to fight the beast that was running toward her. Vi pulled really hard on the chains and lead the beast out. Once she was outside, she made the chains disappear and blew some fire at the beast, making it run away. She ran back inside to help Lou.

Meanwhile, Lou was struggling to not let the beast pass her and attack Maya and Lee. Fortunatly, She was a good warrior, and managed to push the beast back, but out of a sudden, the beast climbed the uneven walls of the cave and jumped, all claws and fangs out to get to the others. Lou ran and pushed her two friends away and got hit in the back by the beast. It was at this moment that Vi came back in. She screamed and trapped the second beast in her chains and pulled it away. She then made an illusion around the opening of the cave to make it looks like it was all solid rocks and ran back to their friends ''ARE YOU OKAY!??''

''I was about to ask you all the same thing'' Lou said trying to get on her feet, but falling back on her knees and hands. ''Ouuch, I think the beast scratched me a little...''

''Maya go get the first aid kit in my bag, please. Let me look at your injury.'' As Lee lifted Lou's shirt up, she saw the 'little scratch' the beast left on Lou's side... She would need much more than her first aid kit to fix this... If she could fix it. Vi and Maya looked over Lee's shoulder and they gasped. Vi dropping on her knees and Maya dropping the kit.

''Is it that bad?'' Lou questionned, but didn't get any answer other than the tears of her three friends.

''No no no no... You can't die! Not like this! Please Lou stay with me!'' Maya cried and hugging her protector.

''I'm fine sweety... I just need to rest a little and I will be....fine...''

''NOOOO! Please don't die!'' Maya dropped her sphere and everything went dark. But after a few seconds, another kind of light came up from her hands. She pulled them away from Lou and it started to fade away. Lee grabbed her hands and put them back on Lou's wound. It started to shine even more. Maya looked at her hands, amazed, she pressed even more and commanded ''Don't die! Stay with us!'' Lou gasped and opened her eyes wide and let out a painful scream as her wound closed under Maya's hands. It was almost completly healed, but Maya fainted, putting the others back in the pitch dark cave.

''... Please tell me she is not dead.'' Lou asked.

''I need some light to check on her.''

''I'm on it!'' Vi said, searching for some wood. When she found a stick big enough, she blew some fire on it to make a torch. Lee checked on Maya and noticed that she was only unconscious.

''Oh, thank god! ''

''Vi, let's set everything for them, I think we will stay in thi scave for a little while.''

''I can help, I'm healed now.''

''Don't you DARE move!'' Vi growled, summoning a chain around Lou's wrist and tying her down.

''Hey!''

''Let's go Lee, let's set a small fire and make a bed for Maya.''

After a while, Vi and Lee were done. They made a small fire in the center of the cave, they put Maya's bed near it and Lee put her's close to it to check on her. Vi set Lou's bed and put her's next to it and went to untie the injured lady. ''You better go straight to bed or I tie you up again.''

''Well I can't really go straight, but yeah I'm not doing anything else.''

Lou laid down on her bedsheet and looked at the other bed beside hers, and then looked up to Vi and smiled.

''Hey don't get me wrong, it's only to make sure you don't mess around. It is not completly healed. You have to rest!''

''Mhmmm...''

Lou put her hands behind her head and closed her eyes. Trying not to look at Vi... She really liked her, but she didn't seem to share the same feelings. Lou was almost asleep when she fell Vi lay by he rside, her head resting on Lou's shoulder. She tried not to move a muscle to not scare the sorcerer away. She couldn't stop smiling, but she still managed to keep her eyes closed. She soon heard Vi's breathing slow down, she was most likely asleep now. She peaked a little at her crush and smiled and blushed. She carefully put her arm around her and fell asleep soon after.

Lee was looking after Maya, she was still unconscious, but her breathing was steady. She was about to ask Vi if they should take turns to keep watch, but when she saw the two of them holding each other close, she looked away, ashamed and decided to keep watch by herself.

In the middle of the night, Vi woke up, still cuddling with Lou. She felt great for some reason, she didn't want that moment to end, but she saw how Lee was fighting to not fall asleep. She felt bad for her and decided to slowly and carefully stand up and not wake up Lou ''You should go to sleep, I will keep watch over Maya'' Vi whispered.

''I.....I'm... fi...ne... You used a lot of your powers today.... you should.... rest...''

''Mhmmm...I'm okay, I slept well and not really tired anymore.''

''...If you insist...'' Lee then fell asleep as soon as her head touched her pillow.

Vi smiled and the view, made sure Maya was still breathing and not too cold or too hot. She then went to check on Phantom, the horse was asleep beside the tree. Vi went back beside Maya and waited for the sun to rise and for the others to wake up. Which left her with lots of time to think about how she felt about Lou... She never thought she would fall in love someday... She never really felt... normal? She didn't know what to think  'Should I tell her how I feel about my gender... Will Lou understand? What about the two others...Maybe I should talk to Lee first. She is the smartest one and the more mature after all.' She let her thoughts wanders while she kept watch over her friends.