Chapter ten: The fluff

The sorcerer was busy brushing Phantom when Lou went under the tree to break and branch, she then sat under it and proceded to sharp the edge of the branch with the knife she always hides in one of her boots. Vi were suprised to see her that soon, they asked if she go tsome help. Lou denied it at first but she had to confess that Lee told her how to break free.

When the branch was sharp enough, the warrior jumped on some big rocks that were peeking through the water. She crouched on the biggest one, rised the branch over her head and focused on the water, waiting for the perfect strike. Vi looked at her doubtfully ''Did you really catch fish this way?''

''O fcourse I did! Don't doubt my amazing survival skills!''She then striked the branch real fast and hard and came up... with nothing.

''Yeah, great skill...''

''Patience dear, you need it when fishing.''

Some time passes and Lou asked, without looking from the water ''Do you... Do you really love me?''

''I...I don't know... And how can you love me if I don't identify as a woman... I mean I know I look like a girl, so you are attracted to me, but that is not what I am and it's just so complicated! What will you be if you are with me, a non-binary person?''

''That would make me...''Lou then looked at Vi in the eyes ''the happiest woman in the world.'' She blushed and looked away. ''I mean, I fell a long time ago while we were fighting together, or when we were having those long conversations at night... You were in your dragon form all this time and I kind of forgot how you 'actually' looked.'' She leaned a bit forward to have a better look at the water. ''I think we make an great team and....''

She then lost her balance since she went to far forward, lost in her thoughts, but a glowing green chain wrapped her waist and stopped her fall. She regained her balance and striked again, this time catching two fishes with her improvised weapon ''HA! See? We can do anything together!''

Vi pulled a bit on the chain to put her back on the rock. Lou threw the branch on the river shore and jumped her way back, but missed a landing and slipped and fell in the water. ''Oh gosh it's cold!''

''HAHAHA!''

''I need a hug to keep me warm now~''

''NOOO! Don't come near me!''

''Oh pleeease~ ''Lou ran after Vi and finally catched them in a sweet embrace. Vi looked her in the eyes and asked ''Did you really mean all what you said?''

''Of course I did... So do you want to make me the happiest woman in the world?''

''Only if you make the happiest.... humm..''

''Non-binary pal in the world?''

''Yeah that sounds good!'' And they kissed her. The kiss was sweet and loving at first, it was getting a little more passionate but they got interupted by an hungry princess ''DID YOU CATCH ANYTHING LOUUUUU!!??''

''Oh yes I did~''

''Pfft stop it.''Vi said pushing her.

''LOUUUU!!!''

''YEESS!! I GOT TWO FISSHHHHEEESSS!!''

''YYAYYY!''

''We should... go back in then.'' Vi started to walk away, but Lou grab their hand and push them back close.

''One last kiss before going back, i don't want to be too kissy around Lee since she doesn't feel confortable with it...''

''You are so considerate of everyone... I love that about you.''

''I know! I'm amazing~''and she kissed Vi again, softly.

Lou grabbed back her branch with the fishes in one hand and Vi's hand in the other and they walked back in the cave. Upon seeing the scene, Maya screamed in happiness and hugged both of them and Lee whispered a small ''finally''.

 They all prepared the meal and they got ready go leave first time the next morning. They still had a prince to save after all!