Chapter eleven: The ambush

The small group were getting closer of their destination. They were discussing their plan to free Will without getting anyone hurt or worse. It was early in the morning the second day they left the cave, when Vi noticed that the trees and wildlife looked different. They felt a shiver run trought their spine, something was definitly off, but the sorcerer could not figure it out. Lou also felt like if they were being followed for a while. She grabbed her bo staff and yelled ''WHOEVER YOU ARE, WE KNOW YOU ARE FOLLOWING US! SHOW YOURSELF!''

A small rock then fell in the middle of the group and it exploded in a big burst of weird looking smoke, making Vi cough real hard. Lou kicked the rock away before the smoke could get to the others andt hen they got surrounded by atleast ten strangers wearing wooden animal masks. All the actions startled the horse and Maya, that was still on it's back, was struggling to not fall over, Lee was grabbing the leash and was trying to calm the animal down. Vi and Lou got back to back and the warrior whispered ''Do you think you can chain ten... twelve people at the same time?''

''I can try.''Vi said, still coughing a bit. They put their hands up... But nothing happened.

''What are you waiting for?''

''It's not working... What is happening!?''

Lou reached for her sword and gave it to the worrying sorcerer. ''Then take this and protect them!''

''But I can't...''.

Upon seeing the sword, all the masked people pulled out their weapons : javelins, bowes, swords, daggers and axes.

''We don't need to fight, please!''Lee said, trying to sound calm and confident, but it was hard while trying to calm the horse down.

''Tell these two to lower their weapons then.'' The peacock masked person commanded.

''I will lower it when you all do it! Not before.'' Lou warned.

The strangers got ready to fight, Vi dropped the sword in fear and Lou was getting ready to charge whoever would come any closer.

''EVERYONEPLEASE JUST STOP FIGHTING!'' Maya screamed with her eyes closed, almost crying, ''I don't want anybody to get hurt! Please stop!''

After the scream, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of weapons getting dropped on the ground. Everyone seemed to relax and looked at Maya, almost hypnotised, even Phantom calmed down like the others. The three protectors came closed to the distressed princess and tried to comfort her. Meanwhile the masked people whispered between them ''Why does she still have her magic power?''

''That warrior threw the Annulator away before it got to her I guess.''

''maybe it's because of her necklace. I sense some strong charm surroundingher.''

The stranger with a bear mask put their hands up and a small glowing blue chain grabbed Maya's necklace and snatched it away from her. Fortunately, Lou had great reflexes and grabbed the chain, took the necklace and gave it back to the princess. The sorcerer looked shocked that she had the time to grab the chain.

''Do you have ANY idea what you have done?''Lou growled pulling a little on the chain.

''Do you think he will be able to find me?''

''I don't think so, it was only for a second.''Vi tried to reassure her.

''You should begin to explain us what is happening here!'' The chain wielder claimed, trying to pull their chain back at them.

''What about you explain us why you were following and attacking us!''

''Can we please sit down and talk like civilised people?''Lee argued ''We can definitly find a commun ground without having to hurt anyone.''

''This scholar is right, let's head back to the base.'' The person that seemed to be the leader of the group said. They were the one wearing a really complex peacock mask.

Lou and the bear masked sorcerer battled a little longer on the chain before it vanished and they all took their weapons back and followed the one with a peacock mask. Lou couldn't help herself to mess a little around and half talk half whispered to Vi ''Your chains are totally bigger than theirs!''

''Lou stop now! Don't abuse those people hospitality!''Lee grounded.

''Okkayy mom!''

That last comment make Vi and Maya burst out laughing and Lee put her face in her hand in annoyance. Lou, on the other hand, looked pretty proud of her speech. Since they didn't know where they were getting them, atleast she would make sure her friends have a little fun on the way... 'That way maybe they won't worry too much about what will happen next' she thought to herself, grabbing the hilt of her sword. She was thinking about how Vi were freaking out without their powers. She will have to teach them some hand to hand combat techniques when they get a chance. She never wants to see her lover powerless again and she will make sure that they become a great fighter too.

*In the tower*

 Felix stood up and looked through his window. He definitly felt Maya's power, even if it was only for a second, he could recognise this sensation easily. She was getting close. They took their time to come save the prince. He was getting impatient. But he couldn't localise exactly where she was, it all went too fast... He sighed and went back to reading the old parchment on his desk.