Chapter eight: The questionning

Lou woke up feeling a little cold, she opened her eyes a bit and when she noticed that Vi wasn't lying down next to her, a small groan of disapointment escaped her lips.

''Oh you're awake, is your wound hurting you?'' Lee asked, looking up from the mixture she was stirring.

''Humm, yeah a little actually...'' It was not her heart that ached at all, only her wound...

''How's our small bean going?''

''Still asleep, but her breathing is better'' Vi answered, walking toward Lee and taking the bowl. ''let's put that on your wound so it will heal faster.''

''What is it?'' Lou asked, raising an eyebrow.

''A combination of herbs that help to prevent infection and help cicatrisation. I can tell you exactly what I used it you want.''

''No that's fine, I just woke up, I don't want to go right back to sleep again'' Lou joked, making the scholar roll her eyes.

The warrior flipped on her side so Vi could put the mixture on her wound.

''It may sting a little'' the sorcerer explained while applying it.

''OOUUCCHH!!!''Lou screamed, making Vi and Lee jump.

''Sorry!''

''HAHAHA! Oh my god look at your face! You got so scared.''

''...It didn't hurt!?''

''No, it's totally fine!''

''OH MY GOD! CAN YOU STOP BEING SO CHILDISH!??'' Vi bursted standing back up ''YOU'RE LUCKY I LOVE YOU BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE BURNED YOU TO ASHES YEARS AGO!!''

''Jeez sorry... wait what did you just say?''

''...That I... I... ''

''Are you blushing right now? ''

''No I'm not!'' Vi mumbled, sprinting out of the cave.

''Wait where are you going Vi?'' Lee asked, worried.

Vi didn't bother to answer, she only shook the empty bucket of water.

''Hey Vi!'' Lou shouted.

''WHAT!??''

''...I love you too... ''

the sorcerer then stormed out without a word. Lou sighed and hid her head between her arms, still on her side. Lee walked to her and decided to take care of the wound herself ''Why do you always tease her like that?''

''Baklheifaljh''Lou muffled in her arm.

''What?''

-BECAUUUSSE, I don't know how to express my feelings! Did I screw everything up?''

''Well, I can't speak for her, you will have to ask her yourself, but I did notice that she was... cuddling with you last night.''

''I knoooooww, it was so amazing! I felt so great with her beside me! I'm so stupid, I should have been more careful. I just... I don't know, since she was in her dragon form for so long, I kind of thought she was a fiercy beast with no fears.... I forgot that she is a human with worries and doubts just like us.''

A sudden but small groan made them both look behind them, Maya was sitting on her bed, rubbing her eyes. The two older women then stood up and when to check on the young one. When Maya saw that Lou was alive she jumped on her feet and gave the warrior a big hug, pressing on the now wrapped injury. Lou tried to not show how it hurt to not make Maya feel bad.