Chapter nine: The talk

Maya sat back on her bed, almost facing Lee that was sitting on a log that they found in the cave, Lou sat at the other end of the firepit, making a triangle shape with her two friends, waiting to see where Vi will sit. Vi hesitated and ended up sitting between their crush and the scholar, but a little closer to Lee. They couldn't find the courage to sit next to Lou, not yet. They needed to know what she would think of them before.

''Humm, when did we say that we should have a discussion about sexuality?'' Maya asked, puzzled.

''Oh it was way back before we even met you'' Lee explained ''when Lou and I went to meet Vi..''

''Yeah!'' Lou snapped ''When we came across that stupid freaking close-minded...''

''HE wasn't... appropriate, and to calm Lou I told her that we could discuss our sexual orientation later. I guess that this is later now.''

''I threw a rock at him'' Lou whispered ''it was really funny!''

''Yeah I never thanked you for protecting me agains't him...'' Vi shyly said, trying to look at Lou, but as soon as their eyes met, they looked away.

''It is my sworn duty to protect all of you!!''

''Okay, so who wants to go first?'' Lee asked.

She looked and the three others, they definitly didn't want to talk. She looked at Vi and wonder why she would bring the subject up if she didn't want to talk... That was intriging. Lee sighed and said ''I can go first if you want.''

''YES!'' Vi shouted a little louder than they wanted.

''I'm.... asexual...''

''OOOH! That's why you always look embarrassed when I flirt around!''

''Well that is not the only reason... Wait you know what that mean,Lou? Huh, I'm suprised.''

''Hey, just because I know how to fight doesn't mean that I'm not smart! That kinda hurt you know?''

''Oh, yes, of course I'm sorry.''

''You are a what?'' Maya questionned.

''Asexual. It is a low or absent interest in or desire for sexual activity. In my case, it is almost absent...''

''So you don't fall in love with other people?''

''Sexual attraction and love is not the same thing M'' Lou explained ''falling in love with someone is... Wanting to spend the rest of your life with that person. An asexual still have those feelings, they just don't always want to... I don't know how to say this without breaking your innocence here.''

''I'm not a child anymore you know... I get it, thanks.''

''And that can make relationship with others... difficult when they want more and you can't give them what they want... It's... I... I loved him so much, but I couldn't do it...''

Upon seeing Lee out of words and almost in tears, Maya and Vi went to comfort her and Lou stood up and went to grab her sword ''WHO EVER HURTED YOU I SHALL KILL THEM SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY! WHO SHOULD I KILL FOR YOU, MY DEAR FRIEND!!??''

''Oh please Lou, stop!'' Lee said, half laughing half crying.

''Hey, I wanted to make you smile and it worked! Kind of, and if I could understand what asexuality is and he couldn't, then he is definitly not smart and good enough for you!''

''You were in a relationship with an asexual girl?'' Vi asked.

''Yeah, but it didnt work... NOT because of that,'' Lou added when she saw Lee's sad expression ''but because she was.... I don't know how to say it nicely so, she was a jealous basic bitch! ''