005

renjun

the whole resto is filled with laughter and loud noises. napailing na lang si renjun habang nakatingin sa kanila.

the first day was good. siya lang ang hindi nag-it sa barkada but he's happy since he'll get to do what he really wants to do in life. fine arts was not really a good idea according to his parents, but he's fortunate enough to still take the course.

the social sciences girls, cara, casandra and celine talks about their 7:30 am prof na parang may galit sa mundo, and it's their dean. the information technology boys hyunjin, jaemin, felix and jeno are listening intently at them.

business ad students yangyang, shuhua, minjoo and yerim are talking to hana about how they spent their first day.

renjun just listens to them and nods and agrees. nahihiya na rin siya para sa kanila dahil madami nang nakatingin sa table nila.

the bunch diverted their attention to the new proclaimed couple, yangyang and shuhua. they were praised by the official spill page of the university, concluding they are the new power couple of the business administration department.

"hindi nga kasi," shuhua said, "sabay lang kaming pumasok, kami agad?" she added.

"driver niya lang po ako," yangyang kidded and they laughed.

"nung umuwi siya dito, ginawa na niya akong designated driver. cinareer niya naman, wala naman akong sweldo," yangyang added at umiling.

the two continued to bicker until they changed the topic kasi baka lumalala ang away nila.

renjun landed his gaze to hana, who is currently sketching on her sketch pad. nasa tapat niya lang ito at katabi si cara. hana is an engineering student, just like him, humiwalay din siya ng course sa barkada.

her hair is gracefully cascading down her shoulders as she tilts her head. she smiles and creased her forehead, she stops sketching and stared at it.

hana just stared at her work and renjun, for no reason just stared at god's masterpiece, hana.

and when she slowly looks up, their gazes met. her lips slowly curved up and formed a smile. renjun was fascinated by how her eyes wrinkles as she smiles, her bunny-like features caught him.

"okay lang ba?" she asked.

his heart skipped a beat.

she's talking to me?

"uy, renjun?" hana waves her hands at him.

renjun snaps back to reality nang tapikin siya ng mahina ni felix sa braso.

"ha? oo," renjun nodded and immediately sips his cola.

it was too late to realize that he's staring at her for that long. he became shy and anxious, that's why nakisali na 'rin siya sa kulitan nila to divert his attention.

he took a glance at hana na nakisali din sa usapan nila and he caught cara staring at him, grinning.

he knows that cara already noticed him acting weird towards hana. she's very observant and when she asks question, mapapaamin ka na lang kasi wala kang choice.

umiwas siya ng tingin kay cara which is not a good idea. he should've just shrugged and act normal to end cara from all her assumptions but that moment he felt like he lost all his brain cell.

the whole night he's trying to distract himself from thinking about hana. ginawa na niya ang lahat but he ended up banging his head on the wall.

they are not close. yes they talk but this is the first time he felt awkward towards her. hindi niya alam kung bakit, but there's something about her.

hindi niya rin alam kung kailan 'to matatapos.

---