12:05

2 years ago (3 am's timeline)

na-fall ka na ba hana?

those words were asked by na jaemin. kahit na sinagot na niya ang tanong na 'yun, hindi niya pa rin maiwasang mapaisip. yes she has a lot of crushes but she doesn't take it seriously. nagkaka crush lang siya dahil sa looks, dahil sa sex appeal, in short, sa physical appearance lang and her crushes only last for days.

for her, being in a relationship is a big no no. she's playing safe. ayaw niyang masaktan. she knows sooner or later her family will demand her to get married. but right now ayaw niya muna. tinatamad siya. you will fall in love. you will get into a relationship. you will break up. you will end up in pieces.

ayaw niya 'yun. 

love is complicated. being in a relationship is complicated. she hates complicated things.

like right now. cara has feelings for jaemin. jaemin has feelings for cara pero ayaw munang umamin ni cara. she's denying it kahit na halatang halata na gusto niya si jaemin. she hates dramas but she loves her best friends kaya she'll have to suffer from cringey things.

hana stood up at nagpaalam na magpahangin sa labas.  jaemin's hospital room suffocates her. madaming in love. the air in the room is polluted with love.

 she went to the hospital garden. gabi na kaya wala na masyadong patients na nandun. hana felt relieved kasi feeling niya solo niya ang garden.

she closed her eyes and let the cold night breeze kiss her skin.

finally, silence.

hana may be loud and likes parties, she also finds solace in silence. that's the one thing no one knows about. except her twin brother, of course.

"are you sleeping?" 

agad niyang binuksan ang mata niya nang makarinig siya ng boses. it turns out to be renjun. 

"oh. hindi pala," he said and nodded.

hana was still in shock kaya hindi siya nakasagot. this is the very first time renjun spoke to her kaya nagulat siya. and he's too handsome.

"mind if i sit with you?" he asked and hana absentmindedly nodded.

renjun sat beside her and placed the book he's holding on the space between them. hana looked at him and was flustered when she realized he was already looking at her.

"i didn't know you like silence. i thought nandun ka kina cara," he said.

"how can you say that i like silence?" she asked. 

renjun looked at the old fountain in front of them and smiled. 

"you seemed very at ease. nasa katapat akong bench nakaupo kanina," he said at tinuro yung bench at the other side of the fountain.

"i saw you and i could tell that you're comfortable with the silence. akala ko nga nakatulog ka na kaya nilapitan na kita," he added.

hana formed a small "o"  while nodding. she didn't expected na ganito siya kadaldal magsalita. she always see him looking so serious and very mysterious.

"yeah," hana nodded and looked at renjun, "i like silence. i like solemn places," she smiled.

renjun smiled and looked at her.

"same," he replied.

and they went silent. they are just sitting on the bench, looking at the stars at 12 midnight. listening to the cicadas, the sound of the water from the fountain, and the small noise of the cars horning from the highway.

it wasn't a complete silence. but it was peaceful. no people around the area, no deafening noise, no words. they were not talking.

just him and her. under the stars.

and in that moment they knew, some things will change between them.

---

yes this was the time na na-hospital si jaemin sa 3 am sksksks. this came from the original book of 12 am, nakita ko lang sa drafts sksksksk madami kasing narration yun tapos iba yung plot nito so...

okay yun lang bye HAHAHHA.

ps. ito ang pinakauna nilang interaction :))