044

hwang hana

"he's soft for areum noh?" shuhua said and looked at renjun and areum going out of the bistro. haechan is still waving at her.

"the way he looks at her is different," she added.

hana nodded while still eating. halos maubos na niya lahat ng inorder nila. tapos na kasing kumain yung iba.

hindi siya sumasali sa usapan. she's just listening to them talking. but as soon as they are outside, she glanced at them and stood up.

"'san ka pupunta?" her twin brother, hyunjin asked.

"cr," tipid niyang sagot.

"natatae ka na ba? dami mo kasing kinain," pahabol na sabi ng kambal niya. hindi na niya ito pinansin pero rinig niya pa rin ang pag-awat ni cara sa kambal niya.

she's mad.

of course. she felt like napalitan na siya as his best friend. she wondered why he can't look at her the way he looks at areum.

why did areum came into the picture?

she stared at herself in the mirror.

i feel betrayed.

pero walang kasalanan si renjun. he can befriend anyone. but the way they talk and look, it's different.

is there something going on between the two?

hana feels like she knows the answer, pero hindi niya alam kung bakit ayaw niyang alamin 'yun.

"baka jowa niya?" yerim asked.

ito ang bungad sa kanya na usapan pagdating niya galing sa restroom. cara immediately nudged yerim na nasa tabi niya and diverted her attention to her.

"gusto mo ng dessert?" cara asked and she nodded.

"sinong may jowa?" hana asked.

"'yung best friend mo," felix replied and everybody went silent.

haechan cleared his throat at binatukan naman ni hyunjin si felix.

"aray," felix pouted at nagpatuloy na lang sa pagkain.

"ah, si renjun?" hana asked and they all nodded awkwardly.

hindi niya rin alam kung bakit pati siya ay na-awkward.

she pursed her lips and looked at the dessert na kakalagay lang ng waiter.

"jowa niya si areum? may na kwento ba siya?" yangyang asked.

hana shrugged and focused on eating. nagpatuloy sila sa pagtatanong. she answers their questions habang kumakain and she feels like ordering another meal again.

ilang oras na rin ang lumipas pero hindi pa rin nakakabalik si renjun. they seized the night together with haechan kasi hindi nila alam kailan ulit nila makikita ang isa't isa.

hinintay pa nila ng ilang minuto si renjun bago napag-isipang umuwi. hana rushed to haechan and hugged him.

she felt like crying again, but she managed to stop it. andito pa naman ang kambal niya.

"i'll miss you too uno," haechan said even though she hasn't said anything yet.

"please be healthy," she whispered and hugged him tightly bago kumalas sa yakap.

"mag tampo ka kay renjun," he kidded and messed her hair. hana scrunched her nose.

"pero seryoso. don't think na kinalimutan ka na ni renjun dahil kay areum. you're like his cup of tea." haechan smiled and left her dumbfounded and confused.

hindi niya alam kung ano ang ibig sabihin 'nun. he stared at haechan who is talking with the others while still figuring out what he said.

and as if on cue, her phone rang. her heart pounded when she saw renjun's name flashed on the screen. she answered it immediately.

"am i late?" she can hear him panting on the other line.

"what do you mean?" she asked. napatingin si hyunjin sa kanya na nauna na sa kanya at kaakbay si haechan.

"i'm here. uuwi na kayo?" she looked back and saw renjun, his phone on his ear and is looking at her.

hana ended the call while staring at him. naglakad si renjun papalapit sa kanya. she raised her eyebrow at him as soon as he got closer.

he stopped walking and smiled.

"how's your day?" he asked.

"huh?" hana is confused. hindi niya alam kung bakit bigla na lang siya nagtanong ng ganyan.

"i was not able to talk to you a while ago so here i am, asking you how was your day?" he said smiling.

her day was tiring, and her energy and mood dropped when she saw him with areum and she's frustrated at herself because she can't stay mad at him.

she wanted to say that.

but instead, she was captivated by his smile and his eyes that looks like it's among the stars that she could only speak one word.

"wow,"

---