12:04

"break na kami,"

he heard jaemin cried silently on the other line and he listened to him, his hands balled into fists, ready to punch him.

but jeno couldn't.

instead he punched the wall beside him.

he ended the call and stood there as the rain starts to fall. he didn't bother to move. he just stared at the wall, his hands are still throbbing from the pain.

he's lost. hindi niya alam kung anong gagawin niya.

he heard too much news for today, including minjoo dating yohan. he's too late to realize his feelings for her.

bakit lagi na lang siyang talo?

he wondered how could it be if he continued fighting for cara. or for casandra. or for minjoo.

he would always comes first but ends up being defeated.

he just wants to be loved.

"if you want to be soaked in the rain, atleast keep your book dry,"

napalingon siya sa likod niya and saw a girl, holding an umbrella and a vape on the other hand.

"looking for alaska. john green, hm ang ganda niyan," she added.

jeno looked at the book he's holding, it's already soaked. pagbalik niya ng tingin sa babae, she's already stretching her hand towards him.

"give me the book. kawawa naman," she said and without hesitations, he gave her his book.

jeno carried his bag and started to walk away. he could still smell her strawberry flavored vape, so he reckoned she's following him.

he stopped and turned to look at her. she's still smoking.

"akin na nga 'yung libro," he said. naglabas ng ziplock bag ang babae at inilagay niya ang libro 'dun.

"ang sakit makita na dinadamay mo sa ka-badtripan 'yang libro mo. oh," she handed him the ziplock bag with the book and smoked again.

napailing na lang siya at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad.

the girl is still casually walking behind him. he's sure. the sound of the chains from her skirt, the clicking sound of her boots and keychains made it too obvious. especially the scent of the strawberry smoke.

"yes i am following you," she said and he stopped again.

she continued to walk and stopped in front of him.

"i'm inviting you to my club," she said and offered her hand. he can't help but stare at her black-painted nails, her rings, the tattoo on her wrist and how pale her hand is.

"i don't have time for that," jeno said at ibinaba na niya ang kamay niya nang ayaw itong tanggapin ni jeno.

itinaas ng babae ang payong niya para makasilong si jeno at ngumiti. she looks like an e-girl, but she's beautiful when she smiles.

"it's called amour propre," she said and wiggled her brows.

jeno's forehead creased that made the girl roll her eyes.

"if you're curious then see me. you can find me when you're ready. i'm anywhere then," she winked at him and playfully punched his arm.

"adios," and with that, the girl left him under the rain, dumbfounded.

he stared at her as she slowly vanished. the strawberry scent still filled the air.

hindi niya alam kung ano ang ibig sabihin ng babae. when i'm ready? he's clueless. jeno thought that she's just blabbering words and he'll just bump to her on the next day.

he wished she was, but he never saw her again.

---

yes hello welcome to neoniverse #4. sinadya ko talagang pang apat ito para bongga skskskks.

wag kayo ma-confuse sa timeline kasi magkakasunod lang 'to skskksksk.

and maybe mas short itong story ni jeno and feeling ko madaming narrations huhu. okay lang ba sa inyo? okay lang ba? huhuhu

if okay lang then stay tuned chor.

if hindi okay sa inyo stay tuned pa rin hehehehe.