072

renjun

it's almost 12 am and they're still together. they are walking on a silent street near hana's dorm.

she called him a while ago for a dinner which renjun immediately agreed. hana is unusually silent and renjun can't help but look after her.

nag overnight 'yung kambal niya sa classmate niya para sa isang website na gagawin nila at mag-isa lang siya sa apartment nila. celine, which is one room away is busy with their requirements kaya lumabas na lang ito.

good thing he's here.

naunang maglakad si hana kaya sumusunod lang si renjun sa kanya. pumunta ito sa mini playground ng apartment at umupo sa isang swing. he occupied the other swing beside her.

they silently stared at the starry night.

renjun looks at her while she stares at the night sky. her eyes are shining, but she's sad.

"malapit nang matapos 'yung divorce papers," she said and glanced at him.

hana's parents wanted to be divorced as soon as possible. matagal na itong nag-aaway and now, napagod na sila. that's why gusto na nilang matapos ang divorce papers agad-agad.

it may look like they're in a happy family but they're not. hana just needs to be strong and happy like nothing happened.

that is also one of the reasons why they chose to study here. and why hyunjin has a dorm on his senior days. ayaw nilang makita araw-araw na nag-aaway sila.

"sanay naman ako and i already saw it coming. pero ang sakit lang," she sighed and looked up, "hyunjin doesn't know yet. akala niya matagal pa 'yung process."

renjun remained silent and looked at the skies. the stars are shining bright with the moon.

"nakakatakot tuloy mag mahal," hana said.

"nakakatakot nga," renjun agreed.

kaya dito na lang ako.

"thank you," she said, napatingin siya sa kanya.

"bakit?"

"kasi dahil sa'yo naka-move on na ako kay han. ngayon, wala na akong ibang iniisip kundi ang next blind date," she chuckles. napangiti naman si renjun.

"sana naman sa next blind date 'yung vibes mo na talaga. kapagod maging tagasalo," he kidded at napatawa ng malakas si hana.

"hoy kingina libre ko naman," hana fired back habang tumatawa. he laughed and teased her again.

they continued teasing each other and bicker and talk nonsense things until they realized it's already midnight.

"hala, twelve na pala?" hana said after glancing at her phone.

napatingin si renjun sa wrist watch niya and it's true. it's already 12 am.

"ang saya ng ganito. dati sa phones lang tayo nagle-late night talks," hana said and added, "but this one is better noh? 'yung walang phones tapos nag-uusap tayo under the cold breeze and night sky naks,"

renjun nodded and looked at the skies again.

"ang ganda," he mumbles as he stares at the stars and the moon.

every night at twelve am, he could think of many things. he could think best at this hour.

if someone will ask him what is his favorite time of the day, it would be this hour. solemn. chilly. bright.

and right at this moment, he's out watching the bright night sky on his favorite hour, with his favorite person.

he thought of something.

will it be the best if he'll confess at this hour as well?

---