051

huang renjun

he usually spends his saturday in his dorm and do nothing, or travels back to their house to spend time with his parents or paint in a canvass or in a tablet.

but today is different.

he is spending his saturday afternoon with hana. he can't refuse to this girl, and besides their favorite bands are included in the line up.

after taking a picture at hana who is talking to someone on her phone, he scanned the whole place.

maraming tao ang nandito ngayon since once a year lang 'to mangyayari. he found familiar faces, including his blockmates and schoolmates.

he's currently ordering snacks from a food stand when hana walked towards him. he reckoned the call ended.

"sino 'yun?" renjun asked.

"ha?" hana blinked and raised her brows.

"hakdog," he immediately replied, earning a glare from her. renjun chuckles as he took the orders from the vendor.

"oh," sabay abot ng corndog sa kanya. "yung kausap mo sa phone," he said, bringing back the topic.

"ah, si han," she said and smiled.

saglit napatigil sa pagkukuha ng bayad si renjun and looked at her, "han jisung?" he asked.

"yup," she said, popping the 'p'.

nagsimula na ulit silang maglakad papunta sa seats nila.

"bakit daw?" he didn't want to look nosy so he asked as casual as it can be.

"nangangamusta lang," she shrugs while munching her corndog.

napatango si renjun at kinain na rin ang pagkain niya nang makaupo na sila. tahimik lang silang nakikinig sa mga music na pinapatugtog habang nise-set up pa ang stage, kahit na sinasabayan ito ng mga ingay ng tao.

renjun looks at her. nakatingin lang siya sa paligid. she's smiling and her eyes are shining. he knows she waited for this day. she didn't get a chance to went into the music fests since it's a  3 hour drive from her hometown to the capital where music fests are usually held.

he smiled and looked away. he's happy as long as she's happy. that's what matters.

"diba fave mo yung detour?" she asked and he nodded. "nasa line up din sila diba?" she added.

"yup," tumango ulit siya and looks at her, "do you listen to their songs?" he asked.

"hindi eh. pero baka after nito makikinig ako sa songs nila," she smiled.

"you should. ang ganda eh. i actually influenced areum," renjun said and chuckles as he remembered areum who is on the verge of crying one time because of  song from detour.

"ah," hana nodded and after that, wala nang nagsalita sa kanilang dalawa.

hindi niya alam kung ilang minuto silang hindi nag-uusap, awkwardness filled in between them. naghihintay lang siya ng timing and words to break the silence but he guessed it's the same for her.

until he saw on his peripheral vision that she turned to look at him. he didn't turned, he just kept his eyes look busy.

"si areum," she trailed off. he can barely hear her, it was almost in a whisper.

she brought up areum. he doesn't know why. after a few seconds, she speaks again.

"gusto mo siya?" she asked. it made him look at her. he stared at her hazel brown eyes, and at that moment, his heart skipped a beat.

gusto kita.

this moment is his chance to tell her how he feels. it's the perfect time. if he will be rejected then he'll just sing it off loudly along with the other people and along with the loud music. if she likes her back then this will be so romantic, knowing that they both love to be here.

"gusto kita," he whispered, not loud enough for her to hear. he whispered, slightly opening his mouth as he speaks so that she can't read it. he whispered so that she can't hear him and his heartbeat and it will just go along with the loud noise.

he decided not to do it.  he couldn't.

"ano? hindi kita maintindihan," she leans closer to him while covering her right ear.

"wala. hindi ko siya gusto," he said and smiled at her.

"weh?" she gave him a teasing look.

"hindi nga, bakit?" he asked. hana casually leans back in her seat and looks at him while grinning.

"wala lang. iba kasi eh," she said and shrugged.

they waited for a good 10 minutes until the show started. unang band pa lang, sigaw na ng sigaw si hana. she enjoys it so much kaya napapangiti na lang si renjun habang nakatingin sa kanya.

the third band, ben & ben are playing their song, and he looked at her when he heard the first line.

"dami pang gustong sabihin, ngunit 'wag na lang muna"

renjun sighed when he realized the song definitely speaks on his situation right now.

'wag na lang muna. 'wag na lang.

---

a/n

detour is fictional. will write their story after revising muse: midnight shenanigans' story (if you remembered them). yep, i'm writing a band series. nauna na yung serenade na first pub ko nung jeje days sksksksk.