076

huang renjun

huang renjun

hana shoved her phone on her bag after she posted on her instagram story. naglalakad sila papunta sa waiting shed ng bus na papunta sa train station. it's eleven in the evening and the street in their neighborhood is now quiet.

he noticed that she's fiddling her fingers and looking down. he reckoned she has something to say.

renjun knows hana very well.

they've been hanging out almost everyday. kung may blind date siyang hindi niya gusto, tinatawag niya parati si renjun para sila na lang ang mag sama. he agrees because it's her.

"okay lang ba talaga?" she asked.

"hm?" he took a glance at her.

"na sumama ka? wala ka bang gagawin?" she asked again and renjun casually shook his head.

"tapos na ako sa requirements. it's time for me to unwind," he said and smiled at her.

they sat together at the waiting shed and waited for the bus. walang dalang bag si renjun. yung extra shirt niya ay nilagay lang sa bag ni hana since isa lang naman yun. uuwi naman sila kinabukasan.

"ikaw, bakit mo naisipang mag busan?" he asked and hana sighed.

"to treat myself. kambal treated me to a fancy resto 'nung nalaman niya na dean's lister ako. you treated me a coffee dahil 'dun and the rest of the bunch congratulated me. shuhua even got me a necklace," she smiles and glanced at him.

"pero wala akong narinig sa parents ko. they know already but still wala akong matanggap. pinaghirapan ko 'yun and maybe i deserve a little treat for myself. para rin makalimutan ko rin 'yung fact na kinalimutan na ako ng mga magulang ko," she added and heaved a sigh.

renjun smiled genuinely at her.

"that's right. you deserve a treat,"

                    it's already 12 am and hana is sleeping on his shoulders. nasa train na sila papunta sa busan. renjun gently fixed his jacket na ipinatong niya kay hana para magsilbing kumot.

he stared at her.

she may be strong and fierce but deep down, she's fragile. she rarely cries kasi sanay siyang makita na siya ang nagpapaiyak. she only cries when it's too much.

and she's trying her best not to cry in front of her twin brother.

hana has been on too many blind dates to distract herself and to not make the same mistake as her parents did.

kaya madami siyang nirereject.

renjun knows hana needs him. and there will be a point where she will find someone for her. that's the time he'll let go.

by the time she already found herself and learn how to accept things, his duty will be over. hana won't need him anymore.

and renjun will take a turn in finding himself.

him without her.

maybe after this, it's over.

---