Chapter 1: "Ari is on fire again,"

Yes, this book may be stereotypical.

And also yes, the first TLOK book is finished.

~~

"Papá?" (Dad) A rather weak voice called out. America was sitting on his bed, cleaning his sunglasses. As soon as he heard the child-like vocals and his room door open slowly, he closed his eyes. America was used to his door being opened randomly throughout the day. "Yes, Honey?" The starred country replied to the voice. 

Young Hawaii walked into her father's bedroom. 

Her flip-flops clicked as she walked across the hardwood floor. Not questioning why America was cleaning sunglasses, Hawaii played with her fingers. "Ari is on fire again. Aaaaaaand, Delaware can't find the fire extinguisher. Can you help e 'oluʻolu?" (Please) The Hawaiian asked, looking at her parental figure, who now had his extremely tinted sunglasses on. Hawaii reached her arms upwards, brown eyes wanting nothing more than to be held. And the U.S.A granted that, picking her up carefully so he didn't ruin her hula skirt.

"Let's go, shall we?"

And on that note, America and Hawaii journey out of America's room and to the living quarters of the household. The two walked down a flight of stairs with a small thump for every stair taken. They make it into the Living room, where the State of Iowa was. She happened to be chewing on a raw potato and was looking at a large ass television. It was muted, but the state appeared to be enjoying herself nonetheless. Along with this, Iowa was lounging on a long-ass couch.

What shocked the American was that his daughter had a tank top and shorts on. The Air Conditioning in the house was pretty cold, as Alaska was prone to strokes if the temperature was too warm. "Iowa, Good morning," The stripped country called out, his sunglasses in the direction of his kid on the couch. She looked away from the TV and at her father's blue eyes scanning him, and then Hawaii in his multicoloured arms. The United States of America was about to ask a question when he saw the other end of the couch move. Both he and Hawaii nearly jumped out of their skin when a blanket that said TEXAS shook. Whatever was under there rolled over.

Oh, it was just Rhode Island. His state flag peaked out to the others in the cold room, and both Hawaii and her dad calmed down instantly. Baby Rhode. He and Hawaii were the quote Babies of the house, Even though the tiny state himself wasn't actually a baby. He was short, and that was enough. Everyone lived by that, so there was no point in fighting against it. 

"Iowa, do you know where everyone is? I'm sure you know who I'm looking for,"

What an easy question for Iowa. 

"I'm pretty sure at least fifteen of my siblings are sleeping: Alabama hasn't started screeching his lungs out yet, so that's good. Maine, D.C, and Maryland are in the kitchen along with Nevada. I'm pretty sure their teaching her to make eggs without burning the house down again," Iowa started,  taking a quick glance at America, only to see her sister Hawaii in his arms.

She had a feeling that she knew what her father wanted, but she continued nonetheless. After a minute or so of explaining what she knew, the 29th State spoke about Arizona. "Oh, and Arizona is outside in the rain, trying to defuse his fire. Texas and Massachusetts are also out there with him, making sure the rain water doesn't set on fire as well. Delaware is probably upstairs, still looking for the fire extinguisher..." Iowa said, her blue eyes now glued to the television in front of her. "And Alaska is surprisingly outside as well, presumably laughing at Ari," She added, taking a huge bite out of a potato. Corn is way better...

America was somehow still surprised she knew that much about her siblings without having to get up, but this was Iowa, the State who almost always knew what was going on in the house. The only other State even remotely close to knowing what everyone was doing was Delaware, and that was because he was the first State.

"Thanks Iowa,"
"Naturally."

"Okay, Hawaii. I'm going to have to go outside now, your welcome to come, but I have to put you down," America said, lowering the female State to the ground. "Okay, Papá," She answered after straightening out her hula skirt, then following her father on foot through the seemingly endless house. Of course it was large, there were fifty-two people living in there, twenty-seven bedrooms, and eleven bathrooms. And that wasn't even including the other rooms.