Chapter 17: Goodbye, everyone. (Final)

Wednesday April 29, 2020
I've been writing this for the past months, and It's only been seventeen chapters 🤣💀🤦‍♀️
Next book it will probably be twice a week so I don't bore people...

Agghhh thank you all soooo much for the 100 stars! That's why I'm posting this like five days early.

(Yes, I know I didn't use quotation marks, it was on purpose.)

😋
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

.

.

*Come on, Ame, you have to do this,*

.

.

[Connection Established]

.

.

*D-Dad?*

It was a dark void. Slowly but surely, the States appeared, in order. Soon enough, everyone was there.

.       .       .

All but one.

.

Florida's spot in the black void was still empty, and everyone started to panic, worried for their brother.

.

*this is a different place than when we usually StateBond,*

*pa', where's Florida-Man?*

*Guys, look at Father,*

All forty-nine States directed their attention to their father, America. He wasn't standing like he usually was when StateBonding, he was sitting down, and looked prone to pass out.

*P-Papa!*

When America heard his frightened daughter call out his name, he lifted his head up. But he forgot about something. When StateBonding, anything that is in your hand, or what your wearing automatically duplicates itself into your mind frame.

.

America wasn't wearing his glasses.

.

*D-Dad!*

*W-W-What.....? You're e-eyes....."

When the States last saw their father without his glasses on, he had bright, beautiful, blue orbs. But now, whenever he went into the process of connecting with his children, or the Library, his eyes would momentarily turn black.

.

The question was why.

.

*T-There's...... Something a-about...... Florida,*

The Country saw the fear in everyone's eyes: not just about his eyes, but about their brother, Florida, the first State to ever not be in a StateBond.

.

*Vvve knowwww, Fvvlorida-Man is rebelling,*

*But, why would you call us to tell us that?*

*Is there something wrong with him?*

*what do you think? He's R e b e l l i n g,*

.

America couldn't think straight. His children were bickering, and usually he could handle it, even on call, but right now, he felt like he just died to come back to life, only to be slaughtered on the spot.

*P-Please, S...... Stop..... Yell-yelling,*

Everyone immediately looked back to their father, and he was actually crying. Black, sticky, ugly tears rolled down his face, and even just seeing that made everyone else want to cry.

*I, I'm..... Sorry, But..... I...... I N-Need to..... bring y-you all back.....*

Even though he wasn't looking at them anymore, America would feel- Everything, and it scared him. What was he without his children? He was called the U.S.A. for a reason.

*I think vveee knowww,*

.

.

.

[Connection wavering]

.

.

.

*Pa'! Please, f-forgive me! Y'all don't deserve this! I need to-*

.

.

Florida's body glitched into the black void for a few seconds, and he was red all over, especially his eyes. He tried to yell out to America, but his Confederate side took over, and if that mindset was in the void for long, he could come back.

*Vvvvee all knoww vhat vvou must do. I am sorryyy ivvve never called you dad,*

America looked to all his States, and everyone was crying, looking at him, hoping this wouldn't be the last time they saw their father. Florida had almost completely turned, and America only had a few seconds left with his children.

*P-Papá! Please don't g-go!*

*If we all stay safe... Then-Then this is f-for the best....*

It was heartbreaking, but everyone somehow seemed to come to terms that their father was going to take them away. It was not only for their safety, but for the other CountryHumans as well.

.

*Goodbye, папа,*

.

.

*Goodbye.... Alaska,"
*G-Goodbye,...... E... Everyone....*

.

.

.

America took a deep breath, and felt the life force of all his children. He had to hurry, but if he wasn't careful, he could merge his children, and risk restarting their minds. He gently compressed their living forces, and brought them to him, engulfing their entities. It wasn't a painful process, but looked a bit gross to the average human.

.

.

.

[Connection broken]

.

.

.

America shakily opened his eyes, and before he plunged into darkness again, a realization came upon him.

His states- his children- were gone.