Chapter 8

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

Kimmon POV

I still can't believe that I got Bas to come with me to Lam's house. We normally don't go out two nights in a row, but I can tell that he is still really tense, especially after last night. I kept catching him stare down the table at Godt. It didn't help when some girls ended up sitting around them. One of them practically threw herself at Godt and was touching him all over. However, I was surprised when Copter dragged Godt off before Godt could leave with one of the girls.

I had to hold back my laughter at the girl's shocked face as she watched in disappointment while Copter pulls Godt out of the bar. Well, I'm sure that part of it is because Kit doesn't want to hurt Bas any more than he already has been. For that, I have to admit that I appreciate what he did. However, it is still a little too late.

Every week, I work hard to get Bas to the person that he was before all this happened. I want the cheery and happy baby-faced friend back. Unfortunately, I haven't seen Bas truly happy since before that terrible incident. I still wish I could turn back time and stop him that day.

That was the worst bit of advice that I have ever given him. If I knew what would happen that day, I would have never pushed him to confess to Godt. Well, I don't think that I could have prevented his broken heart, because the first time that he saw Godt leave with a girl, I'm sure that his heart would have shattered then too.

Luckily, Bas was too drunk last week. Plus, I got him out of the bar before he could actually see Godt practically dry humping that girl. Granted, she was beautiful, but Bas didn't need to see that. His heart is already broken and I'm sure that that would have made him unable to ever fix it.

But we should be safe at Lam's house. Godt and his friend would never come to an engineering party, so Bas should be able to have one night where he can actually have fun.

I smile and pull Bas's arm towards the house. "Hurry, Bas. The party has already started, and we are missing it."

I turn my attention back towards the house. It appears that almost every light in the house is on. The bass of the music is thumping and is mingling with the voices of the people having fun.

Oh, I hope this helps Bas. I need him to become his old self again.

Bas doesn't fight me as I continue to drag him to the house. As we step through the front door, I glance around. Shit. I think everyone from the university is here. I thought that this is an engineering only party. I didn't even ask because Tae accepts Bas has part of the engineering gang, since Bas is my friend. However, as I scan the house, I see students from various departments, not just engineering.

Dang it. Does that mean that Godt and his gang may be here too? Shit. This isn't good.

I pull Bas with me as I step further into the house, and I scan the area. My eyes stop on Tee, who is holding onto to Tae in the corner. Shit. That means that Godt and Copter are probably here too.

Oh, I think this is a bad idea.

I turn around towards Bas. As Bas scans the room, I ask, "Hey, it looks like it isn't only an engineering party. I see people from the various departments. Are you fine with that or do you want to leave?"

Bas's eyes lock onto Tae and Tee in the corner, but I can't tell what he is thinking. He is getting good at hiding his true feelings from me. Well, I should say that he is getting good at hiding his true feelings from everyone. However, I have known him for so long that I still can usually see what he is thinking.