Chapter 10

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

Bas POV

I can't believe that Max is going to the same university as Kimmon and me. For the first time in over a year, I'm truly happy.

Max was one of my protectors back in high school. I never told him, but I always looked up to him. He was so cool and if I'm being honest, I always wished that I could be like him some day. Well, I don't think I'm even remotely close to his status, but I'm proud to say that I'm no longer the weak guy that would get bullied and beaten up all the time. If it wasn't for Kimmon and Max, my school years would have been so different.

I probably would have still fallen for Godt, but I would have never gotten the courage to go try to confess. Well, technically, I still haven't confessed anything, since I overheard Godt's disgusted rant about boys liking him. I still can't believe that I actually bought him a gift. What was I thinking? Ugh...

Speaking of Godt, I'm happy that after I found Max, I don't even remember seeing what Godt did last night. At least, I didn't have to watch him flirt with someone this time. Dang it. Why am I even thinking about him? He is in my past. I have moved on.

Another good thing about seeing Max last night, I didn't get wasted and I don't have a nasty hangover this morning. That is a bonus.

Knock. Knock.

From the couch, I glance over to the door. I wonder who that is. Kimmon usually doesn't come this early in the morning. I glance at the time on my phone. It is barely 9am.

I get up off the couch and I walk towards the door.

A smile instantly pops onto my face as I open the door and see Max standing there. He has a huge smile on his face, but he isn't alone.

However, I don't care who is with him. I immediately chime, "Maxie!" Before Max has a chance to do anything, I catapult myself towards him and jump onto him with my arms and legs wrapped around him.

Max chuckles and hugs me. He walks back into my dorm room with me still wrapped tightly around his body and his friend following close behind.

As soon as his friend shuts the door, he clears his throats. "Uhm. Babe, can you put him down before I lose my cool?"

Max nods his head. "Sure, babe." He grabs my waist and tries to push me away from his body, but I'm not going to let go that easy.

Max softly chimes, "Bas, you need to let go, or my boyfriend is going to rip you off of me. I don't want to see you get hurt. Please, let go of me."

I don't want to let go of him, but the word boyfriend keeps bouncing around my head. When did Max get a boyfriend? Shoot. I have missed so much of his life. I need to get caught up with everything as soon as possible.

Reluctantly, I let go of Max and unwrap myself from him, and I try to control myself. I step back and mumble, "Sorry."

Max smiles and pats the top of my head. "Bas, you just need to control yourself. I know that it has been a long time since we have seen each other, but you can't go around hugging me. You were fortunate that my boyfriend, Tul, wasn't at the party last night or you may have ended up with a black eye."

I pout and nod my head. I don't want to acknowledge his comments, but I can understand how his boyfriend wouldn't have been happy seeing me hugging Max last night.