Chapter 14

A/N:  Here is the final chapter of the story.  I know it is short, but that was my intention from the beginning.  I focused only on whether Bas could truly get over Godt and nothing beyond that.  

Even though the story is short, I hope that you enjoyed it.  Once again, thanks for reading it and I hope to see you at my next story.   :)

Bas POV

Can I believe him? He has been so mean and cruel to me since we have met again this school year. Don't even get me started on how he treated me during the moon and star competition. No matter how hard I tried to move on from him and shut him completely out of my life, I just can't do it. I, only now, realize why. I'm still in love with him. I don't know how I can be, but I am.

Besides being torn on whether I can believe his words, my heart aches looking at his beaten face, and I can only assume that his body looks just about as bad too. Max didn't hold back at all.

He has one black eye and a busted lip which has started to bleed when Godt tried to smile. Didn't he fight back?

His jaw has a rather large bruise covering most of the left side of his chin.

I don't know what to say. Instead of saying anything, I continue looking at Godt's face analyzing the various scratches, cuts and bruises. Without realizing it, I reach my hand up to his face. I don't know if I'm trying to convince myself that it is real, or I'm wanting to take care of him and make it feel better. If I have to tell the truth, it is probably a little of both.

Godt winces as I touch his bruised jaw, which is starting to swell. I think Max may have cracked or even broken it. Well, I hope that it is only a crack. I don't want him to have a broken jaw. I may have to hurt Max if that is the case.

Ignoring Godt's confession earlier and kiss, I whisper, "Does it hurt? Why didn't you fight back?"

He slightly shakes his head. "I deserved what Max did to me. If I could have done it myself, I would have. I hurt the one person that I said that I would never hurt. I just learned that you heard my conversation with Tee and Copter when we were in high school. I didn't know that you were there."

Tears begin to well up in his eyes as he talks. I don't have to look into his eyes this time. I can tell that he is being honest. I can hear the pain in his words, because it is the same pain that I'm feeling right now.

Godt leans his head closer to me and asks, "BeeBee, do you forgive me? I have been a total idiot. Please, forgive me."

A small chuckle escapes my mouth as I chime, "Yes, you have been an idiot."

I still don't know what else to say. I'm not sure if I can forgive him so easily, but my heart wants to. However, my mind won't allow me to give in so quickly. If it is up to my mind, I would be pushing Godt away right now while chanting that I'm over him, but I can't. My heart won't let me.

I caress his injured jaw as Godt continues to stare at me. I softly add, "I think you need some ice and maybe go to the hospital."

Godt puts his hand on top of my hand along side his face. "I'm not moving until you agree to forgive me and give me another chance. BeeBee, you have to know how much I love you. I will take a thousand beatings if that is what it takes to convince you that I'm being honest."

No. I can't bear to see him injured again. My heart is aching just looking at him now. At least, Godt is able to stand on his own. Back in high school, Max, often times, sent my bullies to the hospital. Well, I guess that I can't rule that out yet, but at least, Godt can move on his own.