Chapter Three:

In the morning Hux woke to rustling around and the creaking of the steps. He got up out of habit and got ready to defend himself. He soon found no one was coming to get him or attack him. He straightened himself up and went to get ready for the day. He walked down to find breakfast on the table but no Cet in sight. He wondered around following the sounds that led him to the outside. He walked out there to see her picking up leaves, and twigs and even some branches.

"What are you doing?" He asked, dryly.

She took a heavy sigh, not ready for this, "Getting stuff to build a fire. It's suppose to be cold tonight I want to be prepared. Would you like to help?" She didn't hope.

"With that?" She motioned you the twigs and leaves, he finally got it, and scoffed, "Don't be absurd. I don't know the first thing about doing that."

"Well I'm sorry mr rich boy, but it's really easy." She said bending back over and continuing her work.

He watched her get back to her work. He took note about how frustrated and tired she looked. The thing that's shocked him the most was that he couldn't help but let his eyes fall to her butt and found it had a nice shape to it. He quickly shook his head, if any thoughts or actions.

"What do I do?" He walked down the steps and over to her.

She sighed, "Just pick up anything that looks like it could burn. We need to keep the firnus going so we can stay warm." She explained, feeling like a broken record.

"No, that really doesn't sound like fun." He stood there with his hands behind his back.

She looked at him while still bent over, he gulped, "Alright that's fine. You can freeze then tonight."

He huffed, "Fine. Where do I go find this stuff?"

"You can start over there." She pointed towards an area that was away from her where he could begin.

"Fine." He just nodded and went to the spot. She relaxed a little more.

They worked in silence for a while until Armitage walked over to her with armfuls of stuff looking disgusted. "Is this enough?"

She chuckled looking at his face, "Oh no, we need more."

"But there is none left over there." He wined.

She stood straight up and eyed him, "Were you not taught how to survive out in nature? Didn't you ever go camping or sleep outside or even play in the dirt?"

She noticed how he tensed at the question and felt guilty for a moment. He answered? "No. I was trained in the arts of warfare not surviving in the wilderness."

And like that it was gone. "My apologies Supreme leader." She said sarcastically, and went back to her work as he stood there.

"Not supreme leader. Well, not yet anyway." He chucked to himself at the idea, his ultimate dream.

"Sorry General." She said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes at her stupidity, "Nope not until my father dies."

"Oh boy, just finish please. Start in a new area." She chuckled a little bit.

He just nodded and did as he was told. Soon enough his arms were full and she helped him put them in a basket inside the house. She didn't like how much he effected her when he was close. She started the fire and put some of the twigs and wood in that they had found. She then went back to the kitchen and got out pots and pans. She turned and saw Armitage dusting off his clothes.

"I can see you like your clothes." She commented.

"No, not really. They were the only things I could wear. Black is my color not this tan outfit." He stated. "Is there anything else that needs to be done? Like this hole fixed in the floor or something to do with your house?"

"You know how to fix a house but not know how to pick up leaves? How does that work?" She gave him an amused smile.

"I'm an inventor, in the more of technology way. At the academy we were taught many things one of them being on how to build stuff and fix things. Mainly they were about a space craft but I don't see a difference." He explained, growing tense again.

"I'm impressed. So you are then taught to shoot as well if needed I assume?" She sounded shocked.

He puffed out his chest, "Yes. Well, when it comes to warfare one has . . ."

She interrupted and he could tell her mood changed and she became sour, "Will you stop talking about war?"

"Excuse me?" Confused.

She sighed and was visibly frustrated, "I'm sick of it. Why cause a war if no one is threatening you?"

"How do you know someone isn't?" He answered in a monotone.

She put the pot down and walked over to his tall stature, "Then tell me, is there someone threatening you or are you just doing this to doing this?"

She was not intimated by him but he was by her, she may have been short but she seemed to take control, he gulped and said nothing due to his thoughts on how close she was standing to him. He could smell her perfume. "That's what I thought. There is no need for any of this. I know you can see it too."

He finally came to his senses, "But it's what need to be done."

She backed up and scoffs, "Nothing has to be done. No good can come from any of that of what you plan."

"How do you know?" He questioned, knowing this goes deeper than anything she brought to the surface, even the house.

"I just know okay?"

"But how?" He pestered.

Her eyes became cold, "I've heard about it."

"How?"

There was a pause and he wanted to say something but no words came out. She turned away from him for a few moments to collect her thoughts. She then turned to him, "Come on, I want to show you something."